Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some of my boys say i might need a bypass on my turbo setup to not have back pressure when i boost with my full exhaust do i really need it

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Bypass what and where.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
You need a wastegate to control turbine speed (and boost pressure).
You need a Blow-Off Valve (BOV) to vent excess pressure when the throttle plate is closed (prevents compressor surge).
You don't need a E-Cutout to reduce exhaust backpressure on the turbo (provided you have a free-flowing 3" exhuast).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
one thing you will learn about people....

people think they know things from reading them in magazines and watch them on movies. what they dont know is most of the reality of how things work.... just like how my buddies "friends" who are "drifters" told him a Godspeed Ebay kit is a "good" kit. the best advice i could give him was not to EVER listen to those friends again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gotcha i see what u mean

one thing you will learn about people....

people think they know things from reading them in magazines and watch them on movies. what they dont know is most of the reality of how things work.... just like how my buddies "friends" who are "drifters" told him a Godspeed Ebay kit is a "good" kit. the best advice i could give him was not to EVER listen to those friends again.

·
Registered
988 Posts
some of my boys say i might need a bypass on my turbo setup to not have back pressure when i boost with my full exhaust do i really need it
By you calling em your "boys", I can already tell these guys are fitted hat, tight jean wearing fagts that think they know everything about Hondas. Theyll give you advice but they are clueless when it comes down to it. Those guys are idiots do not talk to them about cars anymore.

By pass what and the who and where and when??

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
By you calling em your "boys", I can already tell these guys are fitted hat, tight jean wearing fagts that think they know everything about Hondas. Theyll give you advice but they are clueless when it comes down to it. Those guys are idiots do not talk to them about cars anymore.

By pass what and the who and where and when??
Sound's like alot of the guys on Honda-tech, lol :)

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
You have made 7 threads and you have 29 posts. So roughly 25% of your activity on here has been spent making new threads. STOP!

Read the stickies on here in the FI section and read the stickies on HT in the FI section. I guarentee it'll answer most of your questions.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
your "BOYS" sound like a bunch of tards, and watch to much F&F

BOV(blow off valve)- aka bypass valve you will need yes
WG(wastegate)- never heard it call a bypass valve but hey it could, you will need

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.