Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am getting rid of my beloved d-series. it has been tried and true over these last 180xxx miles. but i am switching to something a little different. i will be swaping an f23 out of a 98-01 accord into my hatch.
it is sohc vtec. 160hp, 140ft-lbs. of torque

it should be pretty fun. you can pick them up really reasonable from your local salvage yard. it will be mated to an h22 tranny. 94z6ex and i will be doing the swap in his garage when the weather gets a little warmer. we will take pics every step of the way so we can get them posted if anyone wants to see them. if you didnt know what you were looking at a person could just think the f23 is a stock d-series. obviously any honda person will know. it should be pretty fun so i will keep you guys posted on my progress.

ryan

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
I'm curious as well. Definitely keep us posted ryan on how it works out. Bring it down to rogersville some night so I can see it.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
i think the mounts are the same as an H swap. :TU: good luck on the swap, though

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Good luck with the swap. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Def keep us posted with pictures.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. yes, the h-mounts will work. i will lose a/c until i find a way to make it fit. i dont have power steering so i dont have to worry about that. i have to cut a hole in the floor for the shifter cable to run through and weld four nuts to the tunnel so the shifter plate can be screwed down. other than that, it pretty much goes right in, with a little prying and swearing of course. it should look pretty good when we are done. i will def come to rogersville once i get her tuned to see how the underdog of the honda bigblocks performs.

ryan

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am going to stay n/a for now. i had to many headaches with my old turbo setup. and also you use a 90-93 accord halfshaft with 90-93 integra axels. it all bolts right up.

ryan

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
seems like a pretty sweet setup. 2.3L would spool a nice size snail, hmmm...........

whats it all going to cost you?

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
it seems like honda wanted people to frankenstein cars together..

yeah, how much is this costing you?

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can just figure

f23 $500
h22 tranny $350
axels and halfshat $200
motor mounts $100-400
shift linkage $50
clutch $100-400

less than 1500 to get it in the car. then you need to fab a fuel line and a clutch line since neither of the stock pieces off either car will work. plus whatever other goodies you want to add when doing the swap. my tuner just did the swap in a delsol and he said it runs damn good. vtec at 3500 and just rips the tires off. same hp as b16 with 40ft-lbs. more. should run pretty good.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
you can just figure

f23 $500
h22 tranny $350
axels and halfshat $200
motor mounts $100-400
shift linkage $50
clutch $100-400

less than 1500 to get it in the car. then you need to fab a fuel line and a clutch line since neither of the stock pieces off either car will work. plus whatever other goodies you want to add when doing the swap. my tuner just did the swap in a delsol and he said it runs damn good. vtec at 3500 and just rips the tires off. same hp as b16 with 40ft-lbs. more. should run pretty good.
should be intersting..................we'll just have to see how well the swap treats us!!!!! I hope like hell it isnt that big of a bitch to get in there!!!

Find a cherry picker!!!! we can go to the junkyard to look for some parts/motor next saturday.

should be a fun project.

:TU:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
you can just figure

f23 $500
h22 tranny $350
axels and halfshat $200
motor mounts $100-400
shift linkage $50
clutch $100-400

sounds pretty damn cool, and relatively cheap too :TU:

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats what i thought too. way cheaper than a b16 swap, with the same hp and way more torque.

ryan

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts