Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
BWR is a knock off company that does not do much, if any, new or innovative stuff and simply takes what others have done and tries to (usually poorly) replicate stuff.

They are on my list of companies to never do business with.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
we need to bring back the JimFab traction bars,

·
Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Esp=explicit speed performance and I don't believe they are around any longer last I heard from the accord community...
from their website! Such a bummer....ill shoot them a email though.....hopefully I can get my hands on a traction bar.

Please Read!!!

---Update!!! Oct 1, 2015---

Please Email if interested in any products. I will see if I can assist. We are doing some ESP products. We are not back for good!

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
I hate to sound like a nut-swinger, but Full-Race is the only bar I'd go with. Not because of the name, but because they actually did their research & put the pivot points in-line with the LCA rotation centerline. It's not much more, either.

If the bar mounts somewhere off that centerline, then it starts to pull or push the LCA as the suspension moves up or down. Not only does that change alignment, but binding may also occur - both are very bad.

Here's a link to their research: http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
If you are creative, ANY traction bar can provide a front mount.

something as simple as an everyday exhaust clamp can provide to spots to bolt a plate, and make the magic happen

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I hate to sound like a nut-swinger, but Full-Race is the only bar I'd go with. Not because of the name, but because they actually did their research & put the pivot points in-line with the LCA rotation centerline. It's not much more, either.

If the bar mounts somewhere off that centerline, then it starts to pull or push the LCA as the suspension moves up or down. Not only does that change alignment, but binding may also occur - both are very bad.

Here's a link to their research: http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf
I get the binding part but assuming there is none, and that you've set your alignment with the suspension loaded, if you have spherical bushings on both ends and a fixed bar length, won't the alignment change when the load changes?

·
Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a reply!!

"Hello, thanks for the inquire. Yes have a couple options for the EG/EK/DC let me know.

We have been closed since Sept 2014. However recently have been doing some Group Buys on certain products. On my personal time. One is the ESP Traction Bar Systems. Price is $455 Shipped US ESP EG/DC/EK Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H or Hydro B with no AC or K series. Or without Front Torque Mount Kit $389 Shipped US. Comes standard semi gloss black powder coating with Red decal or choice of color decal. $20 additional for custom powder coating color. Wait time is about 6-8 weeks upon purchase. However I have been getting these Group Buys of 4 out a little sooner. I accept Paypal Payment. Please email with any other questions or wanting to purchase and I will give you my Paypal Information. Thanks"

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
around $300 at fullrace gets you a traction bar that is built to be many times stronger than necessary (factor of safety I believeits called)

While there is mroe than one quality company, IF the quality is there, there is no need to spend a bunch extra.

Many people who have fullrace products are still using them even ten years later.

I am in no way shape or form saying they are the best or not, but they have proven themselves for a lower price than some.

·
Registered
98 ex coupe
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
around $300 at fullrace gets you a traction bar that is built to be many times stronger than necessary (factor of safety I believeits called)

While there is mroe than one quality company, IF the quality is there, there is no need to spend a bunch extra.

Many people who have fullrace products are still using them even ten years later.

I am in no way shape or form saying they are the best or not, but they have proven themselves for a lower price than some.

I will definitely check out fullrace. I have seen the quality of their turbo kits and the price tag to go with them lol. That's why I have never checked them out for suspension parts. Thanks!

http://www.full-race.com/store/traction-bars/honda-acura-prostreet-traction-bar.html

$279.99 not bad! $314 with the front torque mount

·
Registered
95 EG8 DX
5 Posts
Great thread guys, knowing now that this is a performance upgrade and not aethstetic, when is the point where one of these becomes necessary or useful? Once the stock HP is increased?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts