Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called his up and they said there from japan.

"Top quality used Japanese engines
and transmissions
directly imported from Japan"

Ok, zc is stamped on the jdm a6 block right?

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I looked at the site again and it says zc/a6 and d15b......?? Just so I got this, so I know when I go there, the jdm a6 block is stamped zc and the 1.5 (which is equivilant to the z6 except for the cam) is stamped d15b?

·
Registered
432 Posts
$500 is way too much..............

$300-$350 is what I usually see those go for..

and the junkyards sell the jdm sohc zc's out of rear ended civics for $150/$175 all day long..

especially since your on the west coast....(where the engines arrive right off of the boat) thats a grip for an a6....

I'd shop somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
for a sohc zc u shouldn't pay more than 400, the d15b has about 4 versions, non vtec, vtec, carburated, google honda motor codes, thiers a million for the 88-91 era in japan

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I searched a little on H-T and hmotorsonline is selling zc's for $390.00, but $185 from shipping. I just called this place and asked if they would match the price and they no, GAY!!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I import this stuff and know a few things;

ALL JDM engines DON"T have a suffix number, there is no D15B2, B18C5, B16A2 etc. They are all ZC D16A B16A B18C D15B etc. If it has a number following it's not JDM and if they are lying about where the engine comes from you don't want it. That price is a bit high too for just alongblock, would be a good price if it had the MPFI intake, tb, and dizzy on it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
185.00 is a hell of a deal thier probly only making 30.00 off that. plus thier warranty is unbeatable. and at least they are close to WA.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ it does include the intake mainfold, exhaust, alt. , but I'm not sure if that stuffs under warranty like hmotors.

^ Yeah there warranty sounds a whole lot better. They said it would only be $135 if I ship to a buiness..........??

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
shipping to a business is cheaper because they assume you have a loading dock to offload the engine onto. No loading dock = more work for the shipper = more $$

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yah exactly if they need a lift gate, they assume the truck driver has to actually work , so 50.00 somehow seems too be compensation, just ask a local shop in town that has a forklift. i'm sure u can find a buisness address, that will help u out

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Makes sense. I found a few places that sell jap. engines in the little nickel, so I'm going to see what's up. hmotorsonline sounds like the best so far, 100% guanteed to start. Meaning the injectors, distributor, etc. has to work.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ I doubt it, I don't live in a small town. i'll have to get raped for $50.00. If anythings out of spec there gonna hear about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts