Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys 1995 DX, I'm going to get the motor, dizzy, and p08 ecu, what else do I need? Will my d15b7 tranny work if I'm unable to find an EX/SI tranny before I'm ready to do this? Can someone explain the vtec wiring to me, I have read about it, but I'm not sure about the ECU repinning, anyone have any pics, is there any way around it? Thanks, look forward to hearing some new info.

Josh

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Bah don't listen to him! The JDM D15B VTEC makes 127hp and handles my 9.5psi of boost quite well :) Do some searches for wiring its been covered ohhh 1000 times.

·
Registered
107 Posts
actually it makes 128 hp. Your tranny will work but it won't be as good as an EX/Si tranny. As for wiring its actually pretty easy. There are only 2 wires and a ground. Im not sure what specifically you need to know about wiring so be more specific and Ill try to help.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming you guys have installed them, did you get your motor from Drew? What did you do to it before you dropped it in, was it in good condition? besides oil, coolant, spark plugs, wires...timing belt, water pump..should I buy anything else before hand? Can you tell me about the install, this will be my first honda swap, but put a 4g63 turbo in my TSi a few months ago and it wasn't all that bad, there is a huge amount of space in my bay now with no A/C or PS..I bet I could stand in there and lift the motor out :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
drew is a good dude and deals very good.... if u want a tranny and engine combo try hittin up hmotorsonline because u can get a d15b tranny for only 150 xtra... basically the same as a z6 tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts