Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a CRX in the next few weeks. I have a list of about twenty cars. some are b and some d series. what would be your reason for buying a d series car. I know price is better for D series cars. are the engines more reliable? thanks

·
Banned
4 Posts
I'm buying a CRX in the next few weeks. I have a list of about twenty cars. some are b and some d series. what would be your reason for buying a d series car. I know price is better for D series cars. are the engines more reliable? thanks
B is more powerful and part are more expensive... Think the cheapest b engine is b20.
D on the other hand is cheap, great on gas... Not alot of torque but there a lot of cheap mods to excite u...part cheap

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
d series motors are typically more reliable, make descent torque relative to hp, better on fuel, definately cheaper parts, lighter. B series are more fun to drive and make good power up top mostly. A good replacement bseries transmission will likely cost you dearly with a tight ratio one, dseries transmissions are typically no more than $300, i see used bseries transmissions with high mileage for $400-1200.

Show me your options that way i have a better idea of what you are looking for.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Close geared D trans are harder to find....

Work on a B motor in a CRX....you'll understand why most like the simpleness of the D.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldn't even bother swapping to a B anymore. K series have come down in price and you have to buy all the same stuff and they make more power stock than a decently built B will make.

Keep it a D and daily drive it enjoying the MPG, put a turbo on there if you are cheap, swap a K if you want a clean, higher HP motor and have the coin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts