Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my ex owned an 04 Civic years ago which is why i have been a member here for awhile. That being said I am looking to buy one again with a stick.
I own a Dodge dart and a vw rabbit . The dart my fiance drives and I owe money on it (married to it).
The 09 VW is a fun car but not cheap or easy to work on. My fiance finally has a parenting plan ironed out which requires 10 hours of driving a month. I don't want to use the dart and kill the value more. Nor do I want to rely on the VW long term. It's been a good car but not cheap not easy and if parts are needed quickly I'd be in trouble.
So I want a Civic I'm a car guy so I like a little bit of enjoyment. I want an engaging car. I also want reliability and easy to work on and easy to get parts for. I am going to spend between 3-4k what issues should I work for ? What concerns should I have? What should I expect to find in Missouri for 3-4k the VW is an 09 had 121k when I bought it a year ago and I paid 3200. I had to replace the wheels they were bent. I did tires a battery pcv valve and vacuum pump. I probably overpaid a little bit. But after doing these repairs it's been great. I've also did all the fluids. But I'd do that to any car i bought. I expect to have to do some stuff on any car i buy. Glad to be back and look forward to your help. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,698 Posts
I guess because you are on D-Series.org you are going to aim for a d-series SOHC. Honestly, if you plan to work on it and seem to be savvy in the automotive realm than I would try and avoid things that are rusted because that is time-consuming and tough to fix depending where it is. Also, try to avoid electrical issues which can ultimately also send someone down the rabbit hole of anger. Other than that d-series motors and parts are pretty cheap especially since Amazon has come around! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts