Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a b-series swap recently. I found a jdm b18c swap for $1200. Comes with ls trans and p28 ecu. Also looks like a itr intake. Everything else is there except intermediate shaft and drive shafts. Im going on saturday to check it out. A few things im going to look for are leaks obviously, going to measure tdc on all pistons through spark holes, going to look at spark plugs... Anything else i should look at?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
shavings in pan, play on rods, gunk in head, water jackets

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
bring a cheap compression checker from HF

Even though it wont be 100% accurate, itll tell you if all the cylinders are close.

I might be a little tired, but how do you measure TDC on the pistons? you bringing a dial gauge?

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what thats gonna give you? What you can see, if you measure the pistons TDC? You will only see if your crank pulley mark also at TDC when piston at TDC.

Bent rods brother :/ i want to see if they all come up the same distance. I guess dropping the pan would be cheap insurance but may not be feasible with the trans still attached. We will see...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
engine, trans and ecu for 1200 tells me the guy aint opening anything..

he's getting the cash in his hands and disappearing like a fart in the wind

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The valve cover is off already so that will be easy to see. I guess i could bring the tools to separate them and remove the oil pan. Thing is its in storage so unless he moves it to his house before i come look at it messes may not be appreciated. Separating them sounds like a good idea.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
how long has it sat? rust? critters? for sure take the oil pan off and check the bearings.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Make sure it doesn't have a b16 head. Also for 1200 for a blown engine with ls trans is a shit deal.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
$1200 is spendy for a motor you wont hear running before buying.

You better get something in writing that says if the motor is shit you can get your money back

1 - 20 of 28 Posts