Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been a member since a while back but i havent really posted much.. So my 91 civic hatch's rack and pinion is on its last leg so i decided to do a review on my new rack and pinion. I purchased a manual rack and pinion from buyautoparts.com for $176 including tax and shipping, no core needed.. I have yet to install it but so far it looks solid. I will install this tomorrow morning. I will post up the results.

By rotciv005 at 2012-06-27

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take a look at rackdoctor.com. Mine just got delivered yesterday and will be installing this weekend. $144 shipped, forget what the core is but there is one. $125 I think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new buyautoparts rack and pinion has been installed. I had my car aligned at allen tire co right after. Its a night and day difference.
This rack is very responsive. It doesnt make any clunking noises like my old one made. Also it drives straight and it doesnt loose direction when it hits a pot hole or like want to follow cracks on the road. Ive only driven it about 80 miles so i will review this product later down the road as i add more miles to it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I changed mine this past Saturday and like you said, NIGHT & DAY. I can't beleive how tight and responsive it is or rather how used to the old sloppy one I was.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
sweet! i need to replace my rack in my crx and my sedan. ill look into this website for my next purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts