2. pop cluch at 4500rpm
3. imediateley after poping cluch left foot on brake
4. turn steering wheel left to right if you want toy with the revs
5. then let go of brake

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto's can burnout too. And this isn't no one wheel peel.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
transzex said:
doesn't effect the clutch when done properly, even when doing a second gear burnout on slicks.

second gear burnouts???/ damn i wish i woulda known i could do those...........shits always bouncing of the rev limiter to fast...not good!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do yourselves a favor. slowly release the clutch. it'll burns, and you can smell it. but clutches are waaaaaaay cheaper than transmissions. I have busted many gears.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
45psi........just sidestep the clutch........

not gonna bust gears doing a burnout in proper fashion.

Else I'd have ALOT more broken trannys!!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know how i did it but in my CRX (86 Si,d16a1,1g teg suspension, Z treads) but i got it to roastem off the line, a great chirp in second and a small one in third. always loved it, first would spinem 3/4 across a normal intersection, second left a good foot or so, and third did enough to leave a itty spot. i know it soulds farfetched, but somehow i did it. i dont know how i do half the shit i do in cars but ive never had a wreck.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chirp third in y7/y8 mini me on occasion. I have to shift perfectly at the rev limit to do it though.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Personally i'm a fan of my tires, clutch, tranny and bank account.

But you all can keep on keepin on.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
2nd gear burnouts like Bone said on the slicks :) Gets em nice and sticky. I do a burnout until it literaly drags the car a little WITH the e-brake on. I roll through the waterbox until my front tires are just to the front edge of the waterbox, pull the ebrake, shift to reverse then second and let it rip.

BTW on the street with my JRSC if I WANT to I can light the shit out of first, grab second and smoke em to 35-40mph bouncin off the limiter and spin third. Not chirp, spin em hard so they screach.

·
one of D-series.org's nicest rides
1,308 Posts
^^^Yup thats what I do...keep the e-brake on till you feel the car pulll...thats when you know when your shits heated up...slowly let it down them BAM! you feel like you got rear ended...smell that rubber!
before the burnout I rev that shit to 7grand when I drop the clutch.
I usualy do it in first though...is there a big difference in doing it in 2nd...?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
2nd gear basicaly spins the tires faster making them heat up quicker. You will find that it gets the slicks stickier (is that a word) faster than a 1st gear burnout. Again Bone you and your two sided answers lol. Not sure how to take that am I doing something wrong or could it be simplified more?

Pull up just past the water box
shift to rev then 2nd
pull the ebrake
rev it up dump the clutch
when it starts to drag the car let the ebrake off and bring the revs down the tires will then grab hard
shift to 1st gear
pre-stage (first yellow bulb lights) slowly roll in
Wait until the car in the other lane is atleast pre-staged before fully staging (common track courtesy)
hold the ebrake with your right hand while creeping forward to stage
Once the second yellow bulb is lit be on your toes.
keep the ebrake button pushed in!!! but keep light pressure on the handle so you dont roll out of the beams and DQ
At the second bulb light I drop the ebrake and bring the revs up to redline
With the first flicker of the bottum bulb I drop the clutch and fly!

I have cut a few .500 lights with many .50X people ask me how the hell do you catch a good light in a stick!! Practice practice practice. I havent been back since we got LED bulbs put in at the track so I am sure that will all change :( Still on the old .500 format though I dont know if they are going to the new .000 r/t

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Thats all I have too. Clutchmasters stage1 el cheapo pos. It held up well but just started to slip (40k miles on it with much track time) It wasnt the clutches fault it was my damn leaking rear main :(

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
turbo95eg6 said:
yea...its much different with the led... cool I will try it in second...I was just wondering if it puts more stress on the tranny...all I got is a clutchmasters clutch, and I dont want to seize my gears...
doing a second gear burnout is LESS stressful on a stock diff.

WHY?????

Because doing a first gear "one wheel peel" just EATS away at the spider gears. And when they let go.......KABOOM!!!!!!!!

Bizzar you are doing only ONE thing different from me during burnout/launch.

I don't use the E brake at the starting line, but haven't tried preloading the clutch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts