Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I blew up my differential and twisted the teeth on one of my axles on my dx tranny. I got one warranted and installed by my tuner for a good price along with the new axle. I went to the track friday to do my usual 2nd gear burnout but it did not produce the heat or smoke I was expecting. Now that I have an ex tranny do I need to do a 3rd gear burnout to get the results i got with a second gear burnout on a dx tranny. Im assuming I do, I just want to check with anyone. Also I have realised I can really drop the pressure in the slicks now because it seems the shorter gears spin the tires more where the dx long gears would not.

Also, didnt really know where I should post this, being that I have a boosted car and im racing it i posted it in here.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
A 2nd gear should still be fine. Just because it isn't a John Force burnout doesn't mean it didn't do its job. Try checking your air psi after the burnout. How did the car feel at launch? Did is 60 the same?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason why I know theres a difference is because, after checking the psi after my run it barely changes. As before with the dx tranny it would change 2-4psi after my run. Maybe I will just do a longer burnout.

But the 60 foots are right on. My best with the dx was 1.802 the first run I did with the ex I got a 1.819

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Hold second gear at 6500 rpms longer, when the slicks are ready they will drag the rear tires through the water box.

Notice the front tires are NOT in the water box during the burnout.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2nd gear is cool, I had no problem in 2nd gear even with 26X10.5's on the front. Axles ended up being my problem

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
2nd gear is cool, I had no problem in 2nd gear even with 26X10.5's on the front. Axles ended up being my problem

26x10.5 ?????? that´s are real big tires, can I see a pic of this slicks on it ???

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hold second gear at 6500 rpms longer, when the slicks are ready they will drag the rear tires through the water box.

Notice the front tires are NOT in the water box during the burnout.
Was that done purposely or are you saying that they are not in the waterbox because there being dragged.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im thinking he pulled through the waterbox instead of layin her down in the water

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Was that done purposely or are you saying that they are not in the waterbox because there being dragged.
pull through the water box. dont do a burnout in it. otherwise your just going to have wet tires and it wont let them heat up near as good.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
my M&H's just RIP me out of the box area once they get warm... there is no stopping it. lol

i fear for my LSD at times
thats what i like to hear glad they are going to good use :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry no access to pics, there are plenty of pics of 26's on eg's ive seen on honda tech. No slicks sir, they were a DOT wrinkle wall from john at M&H. i refuse to run a non-street legal tire.

BTW, Does anyone know what the fastest DR d series is?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Would you do a burnout in a puddle?

Watch the good RWD guys, they will turn the slicks over once in the box, pull forward out of the water, then do their burnout.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I usually do pull the car out of the waterbox when burning out. Heres another thing, theres a person/lady to be exact that lines people up in the water box, is she lining me up exactly ontop of the waterbox or ahead of it. Im assuming right ontop of the waterbox/puddle.

Here is a video of a typical burnout I did with my DX tranny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy_m22kwbj4

·
Registered
883 Posts
YES, She puts your front tires right in the puddle.
Spin them in the puddle one revolution.
Pull forward a few to fiveish feet.
Begin burnout.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts