Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK when i do a cold start it will burn oil for about 30 seconds then it will go away. also when its in boost (3-8psi) it will burn oil out the exhaust also. i know when turbo seals go back it will ususally burn all the time. im kinda thinking its the valve seals for that reason. no its not a ebay turbo its a turbonetics. yes i know they have a good and bad rep. also there is no oil in the intercooler piping. also this is a used head that i put on so i have no clue when the valve seals were replaced last.

any input would be helpful thanks in advance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a similar issue in my built z6. Only 1000 miles on it. Cold start up blows a little smoke with the smell of oil.

Never did do a ton of research on it but for the little bit i have ive heard two scenarios. Valve seals or that its just normal for a built engine.

Is it built at all?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fully built manley rods supertech pistons 75.5mm my old head dropped a valve thats why i went to a new head and before never burnt oil. thats why im just like ???wtf???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
krueger when i change the valve seals on tursday i will let you know if thats what it is. also have a spare turbo im going to throw on that my friend is letting me use if that doesnt fix the issue to see if thats the issue. The guy that tunes my car keeps thinking its the seals but it wouldnt happen under boost unless i have a major blow by because of that... -_- really sucks haha!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Right on man. Let me know. I hate to think i have issues with my brand new motor but sometimes i wonder. Turbo is brand new so i dont think thats it.

And if im 100% honest, I dont think i ever noticed this until after it sat for awhile over winter without running or driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya it smokes alot when i start it up in the morning and under boost i see a puff here and a puff there when i had my friend drive it and i followed him it was mostly from a stop. sometimes it would happen sometimes it wont but i can cover a 2 laned highway when under boost haha! talk about evading the po po.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the plug in cylinder 1 plug is oil burnt. Also looked down in the cylinder looks kinda wet. Going to do a leak down test today to make sure its not the rings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just talked to a performance shop around my area and he told me to look on the piston to see if there is oil like after letting it sit overnight. if there is its the valve seals if not its your rings. :) hope u can figure out your issue and hope its the same as mine cause i have oil sitting on the piston. haha

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'd put money on the head.... oil drips down past the seal over night usually and sits on top of the valve, soon as you start if up that oil burns off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just dont get if its valve seals why it would burn under boost but who knows motors do some crazy things thanks for the imput. hope the other guy has the same issue and not have to replace the bottom end :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting facts. Ill have to look into it. I sure as hell am not replacing rings or anthing haha. Not yet anyway. Just got it back in for the second time so if its being pulled it better fucking need it. Mines not too bad so im gonna run with it and see what happens first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts