Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a boosted d16 y-7. its a turbonetics setup with stock internals. my problem is that when im at idle i notice its been smoking blue a little bit. how can i tell if my seals are letting oil past them or not. other than that the car runs perfect. thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
try a compression test check what numbers u have ;;;;;;;;;if its a new turbo hardly its the seals but do the test first find out if there is internal problems

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did compression check and had 150psi all the way across. the motor has only been boosted a month and this just started about a week ago

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats an oil restrictor? drain is good, nice smooth downhill drain. the oil feed line is just the -3an braided hose with a 90deg. bend fitting. so i dont think there is a restrictor

·
Registered
629 Posts
my turbo smokes a little bit sometimes, its because i don't have the best drain or a restricter :lol: its a cheap turbo and i'm going to completely change the setup soon, so i'm not worried about it.

anyhow, if i were you, i'd check into getting a restricter. Honda's have way too high of oil pressure for most turbos.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah I would get a restrictor, that would be a guess to the problem.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
so what if you bought a kit and it was made for a honda? should you still get an oil restrictor?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts