Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those who own http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=51&products_id=48
Burn 1 from moates.net, please comment on your experience; i'm gonna be purchasing one soon.

I have a P28, and like to know what chip I can use in Burn1 that the p28 will accept..

Gonna be using uberdata, chrome, turboedit and the likes.

Any other alternatives to burn1 in and around the price range, that perform better?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Those who own http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=51&products_id=48
Burn 1 from moates.net, please comment on your experience; i'm gonna be purchasing one soon.

I have a P28, and like to know what chip I can use in Burn1 that the p28 will accept..

Gonna be using uberdata, chrome, turboedit and the likes.

Any other alternatives to burn1 in and around the price range, that perform better?
i love mine, you dont need to move around jumpers to burn different chips and it comes in a plactic case. its not just a board open to anything fucking it up.the software is also uber easy to use. im sure the other burners are well worth the money and do just fine but i got my burn1 for those reasons.

it wil do any chip used for the honda/acura ecu's. 27c256,29c256,27sf512. those are all you need.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hands down, this is the best bang for your buck especially if it's the first programmer you've ever bought. Simple to use and basically "dummy-proof"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, they're all appericated!

Got another quick question; since these chips are flash memory, i'm assuming that they can be flashed more than once?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for the replies, they're all appericated!

Got another quick question; since these chips are flash memory, i'm assuming that they can be flashed more than once?

Yes, they can be reflashed. Also, SST chips work great if you set the programming offset right. just read on moates' website it explains how to use the SST chips correctly

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they can be reflashed. Also, SST chips work great if you set the programming offset right. just read on moates' website it explains how to use the SST chips correctly
Thats what i thought.

Should I save 40$ and get the willem burner? or is it not worth it? I hear that burn 1 is a lot easier to use, and with willem you have to mess with jumper settings, dip switches etc, and some people have problems burning... (i wouldn't really care about the jumper settings / dip switches etc.. if it burned every time i.e. if it was reliable)

i'd like to hear your opinions about this.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
my willem is coming in the mail... but i think with the willem... is like... "it's cheaper, more versatile, and the only drawback is that it's harder to use."

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thats what i thought.

Should I save 40$ and get the willem burner? or is it not worth it? I hear that burn 1 is a lot easier to use, and with willem you have to mess with jumper settings, dip switches etc, and some people have problems burning... (i wouldn't really care about the jumper settings / dip switches etc.. if it burned every time i.e. if it was reliable)

i'd like to hear your opinions about this.
Honestly, the Burn1 is probably the best burner you're going to get... period. My first programmer was a Needham's that cost like $300 and it was tricky to use if you didn't have some previous programming knowledge... I bought my Burn1 over a year and a half ago and I've never looked back... it's especially easy for people without much experience and plus it works great in conjunction with Crome...

conclusion: get the Burn1 and save yourself a headache.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts