Honda D Series Forum banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
That clutch is gonna hold all the jam, and it might rattle you eye teeth out when you take off from a stand still lol, but it aint gonna slip lol.

Turbo yes?

Water cooled CHRA or no?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
Haven’t picked a snail yet. Plan is to go with a Go Autoworks setup, likely the P-X700 kit.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
^This^

It’s all going to come down to my choice of whirly boi. I always thought water cooling seemed like an unnecessary headache for plumbing but reading up lately it seems like a good way to prolong turbo life.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
^This^

It’s all going to come down to my choice of whirly boi. I always thought water cooling seemed like an unnecessary headache for plumbing but reading up lately it seems like a good way to prolong turbo life.
Not unnecessary if you want to take the car on road trips, which I imagine you will. Very simple to do. Very very simple. You just use the one you plugged and return into an IACV line or a second line if that pipe has two.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
https://flic.kr/p/2mA5ZWY This is the cable I’m going to use to relocate the battery. 2 AWG pure copper. I got it for free and I’ve got 30+ feet. The plan is to bring a run from the alternator, through an 80A midi fuse, back to the positive terminal of the battery. Another run will come from the same positive battery post and hit one lug of the cutoff switch. The other lug of the cutoff switch will run through a 150A circuit breaker back to the bay and connect to the starter lug. Then from the starter lug a short jumper will run to the fuse box. If I can’t land two terminals on the starter, I’ll use an insulated lug attached to the chassis somewhere and branch off of that.

https://flic.kr/p/2mAaf27 I bought some braided loom to snazz up the cable and help protect it a little more. I also ordered some lugs as well, both 1/4” and 3/8” which hopefully will cover all the different lugs/studs I need to connect to. Looks professional as fuck. I’m going to grab a battery box and cutoff switch from Jegs when I order AN wrenches.

I also ordered some parts from Pegasus to take care of the upgraded fuel pump wiring. That will be 10 AWG through a 30A fuse straight from the battery to a 30A relay and out to a Delphi Weather-Pack so I can quickly disconnect the pump if necessary. I’ll use the factory pump power wires to trigger the relay so the main relay/ECU will still be in the mix. The pump itself will also have a Weather-Pack connector submerged so I won’t have to cut/splice anything to make pump changes.

I think I’m going to drive the tank empty over the next two or three weeks and then get started draining the fluids and getting the old motor ready to pull. Baby is due mid November so I’ll hopefully be getting time to work on stuff in little one or two hour chunks.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts