Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, After all the money I spent on this engine it's in the car and runs damn good... We tore out the stock zc last night after work.... Prepped the new zc in the morning and had it sitting in the car by 2:00... Finished hooking everything up minus the injector resistor box and the coil and turned it over until the oil pressure came up and worked oil to the cams..... Connected the coil and the resistor box and went to start it up.... Of course I'm pretty nervous at this point.... To my surprise it fired up on the second crank of the starter and hummed perfect... It did blow a lot of smoke at first burning of the oil in the piston left from assembly... After it warmed up and the thermostat open we took it out for a drive.... I can't believe how great this thing runs!!!
I've only taken it to 3k so far but it feels like it has a lot more response and power than the stock zc....
some pics of the build

B

·
0 Posts
wow what cams / springs are those ? Pistons ? What other specs ?
And what numbers do u hope it to run ?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Endyne roller wave pistons .020 over 10.19-10.70:
Scat rods
JG stainless steel valves
JG dual high lift spring and titanium seats and retainers
Crespo stage 2 cams
JG ajustable cam gears
And of coarse new everything else on the motor including new oil pump...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna dyno it as soon as I get it broke in but I only have about 30 miles on it right now so I'm not sure how it is on gas yet but I don't run anything less than 93 octane

·
Banned
52 Posts
Nice build up did u run it when it was stock and what did it run?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well in two weeks I'm buying the first components of my turbo kit so it might be awhile before I get it on a dyno or get some track times.... But I do finaly have it broke in and it pulls up top like my b18 hatch does down low....
91_si_d16 where you at in wisconsin? I'm just outside madison....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts