Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i just thought i would put up my build thread. been buying up alot of stuff off here. and various other places. i have the motor half out of my car and have pretty much every part i need for my build so far. only thing i am missing are my arp head studs. so a little about me and my set up. i currently have a 93 cx hatch with a z6 swap. bone stock except for a cheap ebay cold air and header. thing hauls ass. the previous owner did the swap and everything before i got it. he said it was a strong running z6. i thought i would test this theory by lining up with my buddy who had the exact same car as me except he was lowered on some 205 15's and he was running a b18b with intake and exaust. i still had on the winters (155/80r13 lmao) well we both took off and he owned me off the start casue of my tires but then to my suprise i started gaining on him quick. still had some wheel spin in second but in the end(approx 1/4 mile run) i took him by a car. and we are both good drivers. no stupid errors. so needless to say he was pissed. but after driving that and being beaten several times(cocky talons and 240's in town) i am wanting more power. which led me to turbo. i started peice everything together slowly planning on doing just a bolt onto my stock motor but that flew out the window when my car started burning oil(still not sure if it is he rings or valve seals) and i decided to do a build. no point in me rambling more so i will go ahead with pictures.
to start here is what i will be doing to the engine

tuner toy rods
75mm vitara pistons
hasting rings
acl main and crank bearing and thrust washers
arp rod bolts
AEM truetime adjustable cam gear

top to bottom gasket kit and new water pump

SSautocrap mani
ebay wastegate
dsm 450cc injectors(blue tops obviously)

FMIC
various couplers, reducers elbows
universal piping kit(i have a old cold air intake i will use for the first peice connecting to the intercooler so it will fit right)
evo 8 blow off valve with adapter

and some nice t-bolt clamps

XTD stage 2 racing clucth(will go untill it blows then i am upgrading to si tranny with lsd)

3" downpipe. o2 bung at the top and right near the end.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the turbo. i will upgrade eventually but it works for now.
i beilive it is a t3 .60/.63 from a early model 300z with the singlw turbo. it is not the normal t25 from the twin turbo set ups. i cant verify this though and there dont seems to be any useful markings to identify it. no shaft play though and in excellent condtion.

only markings on it

and last but not least the tuning.
p28 chipped
ostrich emulator
datalog header(gotta solder it in still)
hondalog and hulog
burn 1 chip programmer
2 timer chip
2 normal chips
and a few more things i am sure i forgot to mention
i also have a lc1 wideband coming

here is the car as she sits right now. engine is almost out. its been consistanly -20 out so i havent felt like going back outside.

i only have to disconnect the shift linkage and pop out the cv axels. all the mounts are either undone or loose so i just gotta get the lift around it. i have anothere thread going for the engine removal. i will also be putting up a complete engine DIY rebuild thread. more to come but it wont really be anything untill i get my engine out. let me know what u guys think

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the flange on the exasut side made getting the DP hard but i happend to pick up alot of parts off one person and he happend to have a 7 bolt DP. really coinsidental but i wasnt complaining.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
looking good dude! i am also doing a vitara build.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
haha sometimes i put on a snowsuit and work outside in the snow ;-) good to see another hardcore gearhead.

build looks great! is that surface rust on the compressor blades though?

try to minimize the number of couplers in your ic setup. less chance of small pinhole leaks :)

-Luke

·
Registered
114 Posts
it seems that everyone is doin a vitara build!! i had one, now i am on to bigger and better things! JK vitara pistons are very impressive.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the money u cant go wrong. i picked up the vitaras and tt rods for rediculusly cheap so i couldnt complain.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iim only gonna be running 9psi. untill i get really familiar with tuning then i will start bumping it up. i cant afford dyno time. thats why i have all the tuning toys so i can DIY. street tuning. i will be upgrading to an si tranny as soon as i can affod one and will upgrade the clucth at the same time. i am still running the cx tranny. lol taking it up to 120kph in second is fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
anyone know much about the xtd stage 2 clutch?..

·
Registered
915 Posts
anyone know much about the xtd stage 2 clutch?..
i have one in my car currently...and has with-held 40 pounds of nitrous at over a 110 shot, 2nd gear dead stop burnouts and LOTS of playing around, and has shown absolutly zero signs of giving out and still chirps the hell out of 3rd gear every time...awsome clutch IMO..

And to Ryan, i can garentee you thats not a stock disk and PP :)

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
One thing I just noticed...that WG isn't going to work on that manifold. The mani is gated for a 35/38mm opening and that Ebay WG is larger.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts