Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to put my civic back to close to stock. i'll be building another car to race with and the civic is going to be a daily driver.

Engine:
d16y8 block, filled, eagle h-beams, srp .010 over pistons, ARP head studs, jdm sohc vtec zc head (needs new valve stem seals). block has almost 10,000 miles on it now and counting, head has 60,000 estimated miles on it and counting.

Turbo kit:
Greddy 15g manifold, Greddy 18g turbo, Greddy down pipe with flex section welded in, custom coach front mount intercooler, 2.5" charge pipes, ebay bov.

engine was smoking a bit when i let off the gas and then hit it again at high rpm, turbo had some shaft play in and out (not side to side) and thought it was the problem so i took the turbo kit. seeing as how it still smokes i'm guessing it's the valve guides in the head. turbo may or may not need rebuild but it's only $255 from Greddy.

$2,500 takes all

pics can be seen here: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=971&page=12

look through all the pages past this to see up to current.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll part with turbo kit and i'l part with head/block. i won't seperate head and block unless for the right price.

yes next build is non honda. if it was going to be a Honda it'd be a single cam anyways and there'd be no reason for me to sell anything.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
good luck with it :TU:, I never saw it personally, but I know some people that have and said it moves pretty good.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there's some videos of it in the link i posted in this thread. it had allot more in it but the 20" slicks and welded diff just wouldn't hold her back.

she wqas and still could be but the car i'm looking at building could just be so much more bad ass. total different catagory.

don't think for one second that i'll be getting rid of the car though. a daily driven d15b with atleast a 55 shot will be replacing it. will never be ran at the track though, and barley ever on the street.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$1,500 plus shipping for the motor take off $150 for the head if you don't need it.

$1,000 for the turbo kit plus shipping.

if still interested i'll get the prices for shipping. the turbo kit shipping will next to nothing since i can ship through my work cheap. the engine will have to be freighted.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
turbo alone is not being parted out. i also haven't heard from the seller of my new project for a hile so this might not end up for sale after all. i really wish someone would contact me about the current car i want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.