Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a head that's been rebuilt with better springs, retainers, guides, seals, and valves.

not too concerned with porting or polishing.....272-2 cam already installed preferred.

I have 2 z6 heads sitting around, and not sure who I want to build them, so I figured Id rely on dso:blue:

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I have one, but you aren't getting it. It's mine.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who built your head low? whatd they charge?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Local Honda shop (now defunct) from 10-15 years ago. This head went 12's in a boosted EG Civic.

Head's been ported and has some mystery JG cam that even they don't have record of.

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
put it behind glass lol. museum stuff lol

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looking through the sale section and everything I could have used is either sold, or they no longer visit d-so.

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if I swap, itll be k.....so I can hate myself even more lol

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,359 Posts
What are you looking to have done to the head, and what are your power goals? Our shop does a lot with D series still. Let me know

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking for 250whp so not a whole lot done to the head....but Id like peace of mind if I decide to turn up the boost.

apparently stock, theyre good for 400hp, so a refresh wouldn't hurt. was hoping someone already had one broken in and just plug and play. I have a z6 head that's been milled already, but I have zero idea if the guides are still good or any of that technical stuff. currently watching some supertech stuff and debating with myself.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Bro I got a performance porting head at I bought on here, has less than 900 miles on it. Shoot me a text

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Fwiw i paid less than 150 for new guides and seals installed locally, they pressure tested it for free. Just a napa machine shop and the guy I sold it to 3 years ago still runs it so it was competently done.

Seals and guides are routine enough any shop you trust for anything should be fine. Why not build what ya got?

Edit: sorry to unearth the dead, but im still stuck thinking its 2018. My bad.

·
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its all good. Im still slowly doing things to the Honda so its not entirely wasted

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Slobro use what you already have, it's not worth it to hang onto the d series stuff. I'm about ready to put another B20Z in one of my sedans because the sohc rings are doing their job about half as well as they should.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts