Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post here! I’ve recently picked up a fully built EK civic hatch here in Australia. The car is a 95% complete project, runs but doesn’t drive (not tuned). It has a built D16Y4 (USDM variant is the D16Y7 I believe). Vitara 75.5mm pistons, 850cc injectors (will be changed to 1050cc injectors), custom length P2P0 rods, block guard, full Supertech valve train (valves +1mm oversize etc etc. GTX3071R .63 ar. Knock off arp studs, built gearbox with LSD you get the idea

My question is this - being the non-vtec head, I cannot source an aftermarket cam for it here in Australia. I do not want to put a Y8 head on it due to this head already being freshly built. It came with a brand new Bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam and Y8 locked vtec lifter assembly (neither are installed), however I do not want to run locked vtec, especially with the bisi Cam as I’m pretty certain it will wear out in no time ESPECIALLY with the vtec being locked.

My goal is around the 350FWHP mark. Can I safely achieve this with the stock cam? What are the power limitations of the stock non vtec cam in a built head?

· Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
3,062 Posts
you should be able to push the stock cam up to your goal of 350whp. A cam would be ideal and help but for the 350 id bet the stock one can work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.