Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well one day i got this crazy idea to put the 75.0mm Motorcycle pistons with a d17 crank to compensate for the huge stroke loss because its shorter from what im told?(the piston) i believe the oem motorcycle pistons are forged and light(some of them), does anyone think this would work?
a set of wrist pins, rings and the pistons are 64.99 For a single Piston(average price based on the cbr1000rr)
64.99 x 4 = 259 and some change
way better then paying 600+ for forged internals from CP and summit racing

Correct me if im wrong on anything (which i probably am cuz n00b lyfe)
But i think this would honestly be a really unique build, i prob wouldn't test this on a daily driver because ive never heard/seen this done before, But do you think i should give it a try? Assuming all the specs are correct ofcourse...

Examples of forged pistons :
heres the 04-07 cbr1000rr specs
Engine : 998 cc (60.9 cu in) liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore × stroke: 75.0 mm × 56.5 mm (2.95 in × 2.22 in)
Compression ratio: (04-05)11.9:1 (06-07)12.2:1

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
go with that OP

What something "came" from is irrelevant.

Half of the stroke distance, rod length, and compression height of the piston need to add up to the deck height of the block.

Just from looking at CBR pistons, it appears you would need custom rods (or bushed) because it looks like the CBR pin is 17mm in DIA

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
the whole d17 rotating assembly fits you know. its still decent compression and factory fitment.

or you can source a set of d15b vtec pistons from a europe or japanese seller for decent prices

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
vitara swaps have been known to make over 500whp and hold that power for a long time.

eagle h-beams are right around 300 bucks, plus my buddie has a set of CP pistons he may be willing to sell for 2-300$ Even if you do this crazy d17 swap your still going to need custom rods at the very least and those are not cheap. If you do somehow get the stock rods to work with the cbr pistons your going to have weak rods so whats the point of building it anyways?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vitara swaps have been known to make over 500whp and hold that power for a long time.

eagle h-beams are right around 300 bucks, plus my buddie has a set of CP pistons he may be willing to sell for 2-300$ Even if you do this crazy d17 swap your still going to need custom rods at the very least and those are not cheap. If you do somehow get the stock rods to work with the cbr pistons your going to have weak rods so whats the point of building it anyways?
true lol it was just a far fetched idea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts