Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
that makes the 3rd time seeing a thread about boosting an auto trans.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found 1 video of it. There was not any info on the build tho. They where running high 10's in the 1/4. Auto trans is something i wish i knew more of.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
There have been a few built but they are expensive as hell. Level 10 use to make auto trans parts and builds that could hold reportedly 800hp 750tq. But they were super expensive as you can imagine. You can help your stock auto tranny out with an external cooler and keeping the HP around the 200 range or less. ECU is still a tricky one though but I think some have found some work arounds in recent years.

·
Premium Member
93 4 DOOR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I dont have an auto. im just thinking out loud.The thought of Pulling up at the track and bust out a deep 10s with an auto civic. I bet people would be scratching there heads. lol

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You can do anything you want, it just costs time and money. You could mate a K series engine to a tranny from an early 70s FWD 455 big block buick if you wanted to.

I believe EFs only require electronic input for the locking torque converter, so if you could build an EF automatic tough enough to handle the power output it would be viable, but good luck finding performance parts affordably.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Get a manually shifted trans (not ecu controlled) and its not too hard, or wire up a TCU out of an OBD1 car. I did this with an automatic OBD2 integra, it was a pain. But it works. Converted to OBD1, with an OBD1 TCU and custom wiring.

IIRC D series trannys are easier to do this with than B series. Or maybe it was the opposite. Hard to remember now!

Hope this pic works.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
You can do anything you want, it just costs time and money. You could mate a K series engine to a tranny from an early 70s FWD 455 big block buick if you wanted to.

I believe EFs only require electronic input for the locking torque converter, so if you could build an EF automatic tough enough to handle the power output it would be viable, but good luck finding performance parts affordably.
Sorry, but Buick didn't have a FWD 455......

Oldsmobile Tornado and the Cadillac counterpart, maybe :)

FWD and 10's, it would be a DSM or Mopar....and yes you can fit a DSM swap into a Honda :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts