Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone build their turbo setup, tune then build their head afterwords? if so how mild or amazing was the build and did you notice the difference? a lot or not at all?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i boosted on a bone stock head, now i have crower 2 turbo cam, springs/retainers, il let ya know after i get retuned.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The more air that you are trying to cram into an engine, the more work the engine has to do in order to cram it in there. Stock heads CAN put out a lot of power, but as soon as you get the head sorted out with proper porting and a good for the application cam, you will make more power on less boost, showing a great increase in efficiency. It is not uncommon to make 50+WHP with 4lbs less pressure over a stock head/cam, at least when you are dealing with 350+HP setups. Again, this is really dependent on the competency of the head porter and cam designer.

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
headwork with a cam goes a very long way :)
awesome. bisi cam plus some head work:smartass: will def go a long way. hehehe:yes:

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
headwork and any turbo cam, will go a long way.
I wanna do a bisi 2.4 cam. buuuut it says professional use only. and HAVE to use the bisi valve-train.... gaaaaaaaay

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
There's plenty of info available if you search for a while. I answered that question witha couple hours of googling and reading. There are several before and after dyno charts available on other forums/websites.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
I wanna do a bisi 2.4 cam. buuuut it says professional use only. and HAVE to use the bisi valve-train.... gaaaaaaaay
why are his upgraded srpings gay? thats all you need. The 2.4 just needs to be tune professionally, its a big cam but its not that big. the 59500 is bigger

·
The Man, The myth, The legend
2003 Cadillac Esc.
181 Posts
why are his upgraded srpings gay? thats all you need. The 2.4 just needs to be tune professionally, its a big cam but its not that big. the 59500 is bigger
Actually the bisimoto 2.4 is quite larger than the aformentioned cam. I personally measured the differnetials myself.

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
Actually the bisimoto 2.4 is quite larger than the aformentioned cam. I personally measured the differnetials myself.
Can i use the bisi cam with another spring/retainer combo?? :wacko:
Car would obv be dyno tuned by a good tuner :bigok:

·
The Man, The myth, The legend
2003 Cadillac Esc.
181 Posts
Yes, you can, as log as you check for coil bind with the intake vtec locked out, and they are very good windings to prevent float.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeap. I will be running 1 early next yr. 2.4cams, your valve springs and retainers.

Then PnP with portflow. ") Hope it will show great results. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts