Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! im still trying to figure out what parts i need to get still for my engine to put down around 250-300 whp. i already have eagle rods, vitara pistons, warbro fuel pump, 450cc injectors, ngk spark plugs, t3/t4 hybrid turbo kit, hks bov, 38mm wastegate, a6 intake(got it for two reasons 1: 40$, 2: better than the shitty y7's!), new gaskets(i/h/e, etc.), not sure if i should upgrade the tb. thats all i can think i have right now. ive done some research and found two options as far as ecu's go. first, get a obd1 chipped. or i could get a AEM fuel/ignition controller. i saw the f/i controller basically does everything for me so i can keep my obdII setup. i really want to stay obdII because im in AZ(emissions tests suck!) the only thing making me lean towards obd1 is the price. now if any of you could help me out, id much appreciate it. oh, i also would like to know what kind of numbers i could put down. i know boost don't mean shit, so im hoping for at least 250 whp. thanks again guys

·
Registered
867 Posts
IMO spend the money to stay OBD2 you'll have less worries when it comes emissions time. I could be wrong on that, but it sounds good.

You should be fine with you TB, as long as it match's up to the intake.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
idk why you would want to spend extra to get a blockgaurd if hes going the vitara route. the whole point of vitaras is a budget boost that can handle the shit

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
IMO spend the money to stay OBD2 you'll have less worries when it comes emissions time. I could be wrong on that, but it sounds good.

You should be fine with you TB, as long as it match's up to the intake.
True to what u say about stayin obd2 for emissions...But isnt emissions like checkin to see hwo much exhuast ur car uses and shit for its size or w/e?? i dunno we dont have them here...But couldnt he just do the obd1...and use the software when it comes time for emissions, and run the bitch lean just for the test...I dont see why that cant work??? Maybe im wrong tho.

·
Registered
16 Posts
idk why you would want to spend extra to get a blockgaurd if hes going the vitara route. the whole point of vitaras is a budget boost that can handle the shit
well i have seen blown head gaskets,because of sleeve walk.But thats my opinion!I have even seen dohc b16 pistons hall crack,with only 300whp,so i think is money well spend!It like an insurance for block.(that my opinion):)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for real! im origninally from indiana, so emissions tests are new to me. i also thought of just doin the obd1 conversion and just drive to another state to get a new sticker, but not sure yet. thanks guys for helpin too. ive done some searchin and saw that blockguards build up heat around the sleeves and help them to fail. i wasnt using one on my old setup and the only reason it failed was i didnt remove the pcv hose! after a month, burnt the rings and cracked a piston. other than that, it was all fine. now im goin for some serious horsepower.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you use the A6 intake you cant use a B series or your Y7 TB the bolts dont line up. You can either use a A6 tb and either leave it as is or bore it out through maxbore. Im not sure about the early model B motors but I did try to put some later b tBs on and some Z6 and Y8 TBs on they didnt line up. You can use a Z6 or Y8 mani. They are better than the A6 and Y7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts