Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build up the engine i have even though it does not have vtec. I dont want to swap out anything just build on what is stock. it has 76,000 miles on it(95 honda civic dx) What parts would you all recommend i get on it besides Cold Air intake,headers,intake manifold?? Thanks for the help

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want to build on the engine i have without putting anything but standard after market parts. My friend said to put in a vtec head from a 96 civic ex but i dont have the money or time for that.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Your fixing to put alot of money into a NON VTEC motor and not put a vtec head on it.
That is nonsense talk right there.
It is cheaper to put a head on it than build the non vtec motor.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that was myfault, im not sure what my engine model was. the Z6, what car year and model is that from. I want to do it, i will have1 to have a shop do it for me because i don't know how but also were can you get head from?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
the d16z6 is from the 92-95 civic ex or si

and one can be had from www.ebay.com just do a search for d16z6.

the only way to get real power from the b7 is to turbo it, unless u want to do a headswap

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well it's cheaper for me just to do a head swap. Behond buy that head what else do i need to buy with it besides a vtec controller? Or will it be cheaper to do a full out swap, i have to pay a shop to put it in for me and with that how much and what else do i need to buy

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
u dont need a vtec controller

u need:

z6 head
vtec solenoid
P28 ecu
z6 valve cover
z6 headgasket
b7 timing belt
new headbolts
new oil
new coolant

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much does all that cost or around what it will cost me?
How much do you think a shop will charge to put that all in?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Crane 251-0012 cam and be done, no need to pull the head.

VTEC is over rated :)

Z6 intake manifold, typical IHE, add about 35-40 ponies to the lil D15B7 :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes that was his fault. He had no fucking clue what the fuck a mini me was before he posted. LOL

I=Idiot
H=Hahahaha
E=Ehehehe!!!

LOL

now seriously, leave your engine alone. Slap on IHE, or just do turbo. SOHC vtec is gay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts