Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched an not really found any clear results so my question is if i do build my turbo setup on my own and i take my time and weld everything the rite way can i have a reliable turbo setup i am only planning to boost at about 7-8 pounds and i really just want reliability but if anyone has done it on their own please lmk how easy or hard it was and i just kinda need some feedback to convince me to either do it my self or have a shop build it and btw i am very mechanically inclined and have access to air tools and welding equipment.

thanks- delsol

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
i refuse to believe you searched and found absolutely no information on a homemade turbo kit for a honda

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have not found any feed back on how long it lasted and how it ran i just need feedback form some of the peeps that have done it

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Seriously, what do people have against punctuation? Do you talk in run-on sentences in real life?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i have am about to grad. with a 4.0 i am fairly intelligent i just type very quickly and pay no attention to spelling or punc.
i fail to believe this statement. i have looked through your posts and it seems you have the education of a 12 year old. maybe you should learn to pay attention and you will not have to make threads like this. case in point, the stickies at the top of the section that answered your question prior to you making this thread.

btw: before you say it, i know i do not use capitial letters in 99% of my posts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i fail to believe this statement. i have looked through your posts and it seems you have the education of a 12 year old. maybe you should learn to pay attention and you will not have to make threads like this. case in point, the stickies at the top of the section that answered your question prior to you making this thread.
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread i am so sorry and dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card, and i know my stuff man i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject and i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces and thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread it is turning into streetcar forums in here

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread i am so sorry and dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card, and i know my stuff man i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject and i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces and thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread it is turning into streetcar forums in here
Umm how do you figure this...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i guess i just didnt think to look in the faq thread, i am so sorry. dont play that whole i post like a 12 year old card. i know my stuff man, i just like to back up my thoughts with other peoples knowledge on the subject. i dont like to read thru other peoples threads to search for bits and pieces. thanks for the link but it just feels like d-series has gone from helping people to bashing any one who posts a thread. it is turning into streetcar forums in here
fixed it for you. see how easy that was? thinking ahead is something people who modify cars, have to do. little pieces of information is what is all over the net. there is a reason for it, people don't know everything. to learn something you have to be willing to dig for information and sift through all the bull shit people post.

we/i do not bash people with honest questions that have not been answered. or when people post a question that doesn't get brought up much and could be addressed again. but you said:
no i have not found any feed back on how long it lasted
which is obviously covered in the stickies. this makes you seem like you want to be fed the answers to all your issues and make us build your car for you. if we do this, you will not be happy. since your touches will not be part of the build.

again i state the fact that will make you have productive threads and keep people from bashing you or talking shit:

THIS IS D-SERIES.ORG NOT SPOON-FEED-THE-NEWB.ORG

have a nice day and i hope this thread gets locked soon as to keep you from getting an lot of neg rep. before you say "i don't care about neg rep blah blah blah", (trust me) people help less when the poster has a lot of neg rep.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am sorry i post up stupid questions i know that all of them are generally answered in past formus, i just dont have the time to waste looking i have a job and do 8 hours of school work a day when i post it is because i am in a hurry and just need some results but from now on i will take my research one step further man i am really not a noob i just dont have much time on my hands and i am constantly busy but i do thank you for the link and i take the bashing comment back i realize that i posted stupidly and thanks for callin me on it :tu:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
honestly, you should leave your car stock. if you do not have the time to research, you do not have time to fix the car when it breaks. if it breaks on you and you ask for help, 99% of the time its not an easy or quick fix. trust me, wait till you have more time to mess with the car and do research.

^this is the best advise i could ever give to someone in your situation

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honestly, you should leave your car stock. if you do not have the time to research, you do not have time to fix the car when it breaks. if it breaks on you and you ask for help, 99% of the time its not an easy or quick fix. trust me, wait till you have more time to mess with the car and do research.

^this is the best advise i could ever give to someone in your situation
thanks man i was actually just sitting here thinking i may just leave it stock

because i need a reliable car and i may do a small turbo setup but nothing more i just want like 170whp but i understand the time thing and i may just invest in making the car nice for daily driving

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
get a vespa!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
it will last forever on 8-10psi if properly setup with all the needs paid attention to with a good tune on a bone stock internaled engine.

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
x22222

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok then i am gonna piece one together and set it at 5pds and drive it til i get it tuned to 8 or nine and hopefully i can make some power out of it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts