Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sedan 98
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I'm from Panama City, Panama tropical weather and very hard to get some things down here.

I recently bought a project started by a good friend, and I guess I will finish it.

So I have a civic 98 sedan, all suspension has been replaced /coil overs new shocks, lca, brace bar etc./

Im focusing now on the engine which is a Y8, and I feel the way to go is stock turbo.

I'm taking some steps to ensure the engine is working nicely before the turbo arrives.

Head is at the shop since it seems it overheated so I bought a cometic HG @ 0.042 that was recommended by my mechanic. Also ARP pack, and king bearings kit Standard. Also OEM Water and OIL pump has been replaced, Blue race timing belt... and valve seals and bronze guides have been replaced.

I purchased a GSP /Godspeed t3t4 turbo kit.

Can I run the setup with oem injectors and pump as a start?
And is there any tuner that can be recommended to tune this via chip?p28

Also I need a recommendation for a clutch that can handle turbo ...

Thanks in advanced for any tips,

Cheers,

Roger

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
You need to set a goal for this build, doesn't matter is its a long term or short term goal but we need to know your hp goal and how you plan on using the car so we can help. You need to stick at or below 220whp for a reliable dd, install arp studs, upgrade injectors and possibly fuel pump. You might be able to run oem 210cc injectors but you better not see much boost because they will max out real quick then blow your motor. I hope you can fab because just about every ebay kit will need minor adjustment

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sedan 98
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to set a goal for this build, doesn't matter is its a long term or short term goal but we need to know your hp goal and how you plan on using the car so we can help. You need to stick at or below 220whp for a reliable dd, install arp studs, upgrade injectors and possibly fuel pump. You might be able to run oem 210cc injectors but you better not see much boost because they will max out real quick then blow your motor. I hope you can fab because just about every ebay kit will need minor adjustment
Hello Blu3!

Thanks for the quick response,

So its my first honda, and I have found it to be very fun.

Its my daily driven car. 220whp sounds cool but Panama has no place for a 220+ whp unless its taken to the drag racing facility.

I will be happy to get out of this build 8-10psi max boost. just for the fun of it.

Any place I can buy online injectors and pump will be much appreciated.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Check out go autoworks I know he ships pretty much anywhere, send him an email to double check (he responds quick). I don't take my car to the drag strip and I have 222whp 179tq, it sure does make a fun daily driver though. Depending on the turbo 8 psi could be +20hp or +150 hp so you need to do some research because psi doesn't mean much. As long as it's 220 or below the stock block can handle it

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Stick with a smaller turbo if dont drive much on open roads, smaller turbos hit boost faster.

Stock injectors are 240cc, if they are all functioning correctly they should be able to support around 180hp on a turbo car safely if it is tuned properly.

How do you plan to tune it? Are you converting to OBD1?

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sedan 98
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info!

I rather invest in the injectors set... the ones running I have are the oem and I dont know hor long they might last.

Re> ECU is already converted to OBD1, I will buy an hondata later on but for the moment I would like to tune my chip...

·
Registered
1992 Civic DX Hatch
586 Posts
as set of factory 2014 Ford Mustang GT 500 injectors will do a very nice job(latest EV14 style injector, dual cone, and the best idle I have ever seen. capable of a very small pulse width). they are inexpensive and high resistance(no resistor required) but you will need to buy connector adapters,and you will need adapters for the fuel rail or ream out the fuel rail to match the injector size.
good injectors, and good fuel and ignition management are a must for a reliable DD in my opnion. your factory MAP sensor will not work with more than 11 psi of boost at the sensor, so that would probably be around a 12 lbs spring in your waste gate.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Check out go autoworks I know he ships pretty much anywhere, send him an email to double check (he responds quick).
lol still waiting from summer 2014 on a custom radiator, all in all though Greg is a good guy and great for the sport when he returns emails

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sedan 98
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, so I'm looking for 450+cc injectors for the y8, plug and play if possible? any specific brand that makes them or I need to play with it to get them working?

Any tips will be much appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sedan 98
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, I did found a second option RC injectors 550cc for 250USD from a friend who's staging up his SI...

Never the less I will check on the DSM injectors.

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts