Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning to turbo an eg. i want to spend about $500 on all the parts, and do the work myself. im going to take an automotives course at a college, so in a year i plan to start building.

my Q is this, what is the least expensive way to do the fuel and computer? the engine will be a sohc(most likely non-vtech) and im looking for daily driven power. will the stock ecu have problems with boost? if so what do you get to fix that? will buying a FPR be enough to increase the fuel for 5-7 PSI, or will i need a better fuel pump too?

if you have done a custom turbo on your car, i would like to see pics of your work.:IHI:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
the best way to do the ecu is going to be chip it and get larger injectors. A fpr isn't going to be enough to help with a turbo set up, you could run a fmu, but you're going to be better off with the chipped ecu and inj.

W

·
0 Posts
ghost civic said:
im planning to turbo an eg. i want to spend about $500 on all the parts, and do the work myself. im going to take an automotives course at a college, so in a year i plan to start building.
good luck unless you have hookups and want a crap turbo, hope that class teaches you to weld

·
Registered
98 Civic
1,245 Posts
I would say to do everything right and have it safe you are looking at spending around a grand unless you have some really good hook ups. For your fuel setup get a chipped ecu and go with DSM 450cc injectors and a resistor box if you want to stay cheap otherwise some RC 440's. And if you want a fairly cheap turbo kit find an HF Manifold, an adapter plate, and a t25 turbo with an internal wastegate, pick up a CCA front mount, or a dsm sidemount if you wanna go really cheap, a dsm 1g blow off valve, some oil lines, and charge pipes and you're set.

The best advice i can give right now is start reading! you will never be able to do all the work yourself and have it run right if you dont know what you are dealing with.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
check out 5speed4life's affiliate thread

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
okay i think its impossible with fuel management. Here we go
t25 off 2g eclipse-100
rebuild kit-75
cx mani-20
custom downpipe-70 if u can weld
adapter plate- 75 rre
2g eclipse intercooler piping- 15
2g eclipse intercooler-40
2g eclipse bov- 10
fuel lines- 75 stealthmode
custom intake- 10
dsm 450's - 20
resister- 10
home chipped-40
uberdata and tune- 100?
gaskets- 35
Boost gauge- 20 ebay
720 is the cheapest i would do it, You have to know some of this could be cheaper if you made parts yourself. All in all thats really cheap for a reliable turbo kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts