Honda D Series Forum banner

Building my A6 for Boost

733 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jake1191 
#1 ·
Due to leaving my oil cap off because i was about to get robbed my car has a spun bearing or so i think but at least it gives me reason to pull the engine and put in some forged stuff and beef it up for my turbo. Suggestions on what i have or something you see missing from my list are welcomed.

Here is what i have ordered :
Eagle H-Beam rods
SRP 9:1 Compression Pistons
ARP Headstuds
MLS Headgasket
Gates Racing Timing Belt Kit
ACL Race Series Rod and Main Bearing Kit
ZC Crank
Other gaskets and such

Now some info on the rest of the car. Its a 91 CRX Si with a EMUSA(higher end ebay) .50 trim turbo kit. The car has a z6 manifold and a 61mm throttle body. I recently picked up a Hondata S200 and a Chipped p28 to put in the car and i ordered a basemap chip from Phereable.net.
I have a walbro 255 and DSM 450cc injectors as well. I do have a Gude Cam in the car but i am looking to get a better turbo cam and some springs and ti retainers.

What hp goal would be realistic with what i have ordered and what i already have? I do eventually plan to upgrade the turbo kit piece by piece to better quality stuff.

Any suggestions on my setup and anything like that are welcomed.

See less See more
#12 ·
Emusa has to have THE WORST. Customer service. EVER! I had the d16 header and downpipe. Blew the gasket they don't offer replacements and don't use OEM. Sized gaskets either. I will never buy their stuff again. Just my forworning other than that. And the robbery. Things look promising

#13 ·
Left work and had to go to Advance Auto by work to get some hose for my catch can and some oil. On the way in this really shady guy with his hands in is pockets decides to hit me up for smokes and i dont smoke so then he asks me if i have any spare money so i said no which i actually had about $900 on me. So he was like then u must have a debit card or credit card. So i said yes and he was like well then you are going to pull money out of the ATM for me and was really adamant about it. I said no i dont have much on my card. Then went into the advance auto and got my tubing and some oil.

Came out and didn't see the shady guy so i went to my car to install the tubing and add some oil. Half way through installing my tubing i saw the guy asking other random people but i got my tubing run and then started to top off my oil. Halfway through the oil filling the guy yells hey buddy to me and heads my way. So i quick grab all my shit and jump in the car and take off. Apparently i forgot to reinstall the oil cap in my rush to get out of there.

Then about 40 miles from there my car loses power and dies. Tried starting it and it was really slow to crank over. Jump out and pop the hood and all the oil from the engine is now all over the engine bay and running down the front bumper.

Now as for the comments about a new part of town and muscles/ fighting skills. I work in a shitty part of my area but live in a good area. As for muscles and fighting skills I first of all didnt know if this guy had a gun or knife or other kind of weapon if it was a gurantee he wasnt armed then i would have whooped his ass and second of all i typically keep my Ak-47 in my storage bin along with a loaded magazine. It just so happens it was in my other car because i had only had the CRX drivable for 24 hours. Guess i need to make sure that is always with me from now on.

#14 · (Edited)
As for EMUSA's customer service and quality. From installing their kit they seem to have some decent parts. All i actually used was the Turbo, Manifold, Downpipe(reclocked and rewelded), intercooler and piping, and their wastegate. The turbo and wastegate i only plan on using for low boost. After i get a good turbo and a tial wastegate i will go for higher boost. I already got all good intercooler couplers and good clamps as well as quality oil feed and drain parts. All in all i couldnt pass up a new in box turbo kit for $300

And i never asked what HP i will make i asked what would be a realistic number to shoot for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.