Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what are all the parts I need to build the bottom end I have block and crank that’s it. Trying to order all the parts together for a d16z6 turbo build hoping for mid to high 400 whp

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
85 Posts
Sell those and buy a complete (unbuilt) engine.

Just to name a few parts....

Oil pan, oil pan bolts, oil pan gasket, head, head gasket, head studs, head stud nuts, head cover, cover gaskets, rods, pistons, piston rings, valves, valve springs, lifters, camshaft, camshaft gear, water pump, timing gears and tensioners, crank pulley, timing belt, timing belt cover, alternator, injectors, plugs, wires, coil, distributor, distributor wires, distributor cap, fuel rail, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, o2 sensor, map sensor, a bunch of other bolts and sensors, etc.

400whp feels like a high target to me though. I am aiming at the mid to late 200s.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
Sell those and buy a complete (unbuilt) engine.

Just to name a few parts....

Oil pan, oil pan bolts, oil pan gasket, head, head gasket, head studs, head stud nuts, head cover, cover gaskets, rods, pistons, piston rings, valves, valve springs, lifters, camshaft, camshaft gear, water pump, timing gears and tensioners, crank pulley, timing belt, timing belt cover, alternator, injectors, plugs, wires, coil, distributor, distributor wires, distributor cap, fuel rail, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, o2 sensor, map sensor, a bunch of other bolts and sensors, etc.

400whp feels like a high target to me though. I am aiming at the mid to late 200s.
you forgot main and rod bearings..;)

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,920 Posts
400 should be pretty easy really.

Well depends on how you want to do it.

Finding a stock d16 and buying forged rods and pistons, bearing, big injectors, fuel pump and a obd1 ecu will build you a motor that will handle 400whp

Then you need turbo gear, clutch, tires aswell as a tune.

Buy a d16 from a civic from a junk yard if you dont have a collection of parts. Building from a bare block isnt a good idea unless you have a few other dseries sitting around for parts. The shipping alone will drive the price way up.

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
85 Posts
For some reason that bugs me, just 'support' and a buncha links and no other information, my spam alert is triggering hard, even though it's not.

Any chance either of those sell completely built engines?

** slo edit ** is that better for ya bro?

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's a really nice B or K series...

I know it's not what you're after but I figured I'd just leave it here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts