Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
94 hatch
450 Posts
what engine are you using for starters, and gs-r injectors are no bigger then stock unless its a y7 or w/e. are you looking for a base map to get it to a shop for a real tune?

·
Registered
98 ek hatch
30 Posts
you wont need an aftermarket map sensor unless you go over 10psi
if you are going over 10psi the gm 3bar map sensor is what you need,
also i heard omnipower makes a plug n play one,
youll probably want dsm 450 injectors with the resistor box,
also you need a tunable ecu, wideband 02 and find a tuner

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Stock MAP sensor is only accurate to around 2-3 psi. it fries pretty fast around 10-11 psi.

Grab any MAP sensor, grab a set of 375cc or larger injectors, get a good tuning platform, and enjoy 160-180whp depending on what header you get.

fuck MSD, you dont need it. Ignition is something to simply be maintained, not upgraded. Ignition is only a recommendation when spinning much higher RPM's and making large boost on higher compression, where more accurate and fine tuned timing is necessary

a bigger fuel pump is UNNECESSARY. a stock D series pump can work with more horsepower. maybe around 300whp is when you can upgrade, and even then, Walbro's 190lph is a better choice then the OVERKILL 255

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good ecu w/ wideband O2.

1. invest your money in ECU. Hondata and Neptun is cheap for basic.

2. MSD is dumb.....I found that out. Stock coil is good to something like 500HP I've been told.

3.Dsm 450cc injectors r cheap. Get them cleaned at RC for $30 per. You will get all new seals and rings too.
450cc DSM injectors - TheZCR.com Photo Gallery

4. Stock pump is fine.

5. No map needed for stock pulley.

6. Get it on a dyno.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
a lot of misinformation in this thread. allow me to wipe the slate clean and start again by saying, you need to tune it not just burn a map. a chipped ECU will do just fine for your needs. you can pick up a set of DSM 450cc Blue tops and a resistor box for cheap under $100 and they will be more than you need. if you are OBD2 get a jumper to OBD1 and buy a chipped P06. the stock map sensor can read to 11psi.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a lot of misinformation in this thread. allow me to wipe the slate clean and start again by saying, you need to tune it not just burn a map. a chipped ECU will do just fine for your needs. you can pick up a set of DSM 450cc Blue tops and a resistor box for cheap under $100 and they will be more than you need. if you are OBD2 get a jumper to OBD1 and buy a chipped P06. the stock map sensor can read to 11psi.
what kind of chipped ecu? plus im running none vtec

·
Registered
67 Posts
SAFC is junk compared to hondata, its only ability is to pull full at limited points in the map. its kind of like hitting a finishing nail with a sledge hammer while drunk...

·
Registered
EG3
5 Posts
have you built any internals? can you sc on stock block and head, as long as you tune of course..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts