Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to build my z6 up for turbo. Basically what i need to know is if i sleeve it, and put forged rods and pistons in with a good hondata tune, will it be capable of producing over 320 ponies to the wheel with great reliablity daily? Will i need to have any head modifications such as valve springs, cam, new retainers, ect... to make my motor hold up to this much hp?

thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
yes you can make that much hp.
THe block stuff, you seem to have an idea on what you need. but as far as the head, At least get the valvetrain, so you're strengtening that part of the engine. You need to prevent Valve float at high rpm and to make 320, you're looking at having to take the RPM a bit higner than stock rev limit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
WOW, not a bad price, i think this shop at mi casa was qouting me 1800 for a rebuild u know turbo pistons etc, then i asked him about getting sleeves n shit, and then he was qouting me over 2000, so i was like HOLY SHIT!!! so i take it basically add another G to the price, still not bad though, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Junonuting said:
How much is it going to cost u to get ur z6 sleeved??
Well there is a honda tuner/builder in springfield, mo that quoted my friends h23 build. If my friend bought the pistons, the tuner would install sleeves, pistons rods and new crankshaft for $2300. i didnt think that would be too bad. nonetheless, he aslo tunes hondata which is what i will run, so i could probably get it all done from him.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wouldnt trust Exospeed. Sorry guys, but do some searches on H-T. More than one occassion they dick around their customers. From what I can tell they basically run their company so they can fund their race car(s), which is fine, except for when you ditch your responsibilties and are neglectful of your customers.

As for 300whp+. Stock sleeves, pistons, rods, good turbo setup. If you want to expand your powerband, work on the head.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
DirtyDEF said:

i understand that a d-series can withstand substancial boost on their stock sleeves, but with the boost i am wanting to run, aftermarket sleeves would be much more reliable. I want to build something that will last and withstand what i give to it, whether it be 15 psi or 25 psi.

What would be the best piston/rods to look for that will support up to or possibly over 400 whp? Wiseco, eagle, suzuki vitra? What compression pistons should i run for up to 400 whp? 8:1 or 9:1?

also, which turbo would be ideal for up to 400 whp that will give me power throughout most of the power band?

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts