Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently buildinvg my z6 for boost but have know idea what turbo to use i wanna go t3/t4 but i keep hearing it's a little to big. im wanting to build the motor to where it could be daily driven and run about 10psi. Does anybody have any pointers or suggestions? it would really help out

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Eagle rods and Vitara pistons with a T3/T4 57 or 60 trim and a .48 A/R turbine housing will go a long way. Get a set of 550 injectors to be safe and tune it with CROME and a wideband.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i am currently buildinvg my z6 for boost but have know idea what turbo to use i wanna go t3/t4 but i keep hearing it's a little to big. im wanting to build the motor to where it could be daily driven and run about 10psi. Does anybody have any pointers or suggestions? it would really help out
vitara/TT (modified to fit) ... stock head stock cam, modified oil/water pump, arp head studs/bolts, arp ROD bolts etc. Those 50 trims will make good power on 10psi on a built setup as stated above. walbro 255lph(hp) pump, 550cc injectors (www.fuelinjectorclinic.com) = great prices, just make sure you get saturated injectors. And then do some type of engine management. Crome isnt bad for its price and is getting popular as well as Neptune RTD. Hondata etc. etc. list goes on...just make sure it gets tuned obd1.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i wanna go t3/t4 but i keep hearing it's a little to big. im wanting to build the motor to where it could be daily driven and run about 10psi. Does anybody have any pointers or suggestions? it would really help out
imo, if you are only going to run 10 psi or less a big (aka super 60) t3 will be suited for the job. anything bigger would be a waste of cash since you will not be using it in its efficientcy (sp?) range.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah couldnt he even use the stock fuel pump for 10psi...I know he can...friends built and turbod b18c was runnign stock pump dyno tuned to 280whp. on 11psi.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
well he might be able to get away with it. some can, some can't. in my 99 i could not get past 9 psi before i would have major pressure drop off (pressure zero'ed out). yet with my 90 teg, which still had its origenal pump, it would boost all the way up to ~1 bar w/o any pressure issues, past that it would drop off of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys

the reason i wanted to do t3/t4 is bc i hear its is insane on the z6 when it spools up but dont kick in around the 6000rpm range or so.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the reason i wanted to do t3/t4 is bc i hear its is insane on the z6 when it spools up but dont kick in around the 6000rpm range or so.
that really has nothing to do with the fact that its a hybrid turbo, but the size of the turbine section of the turbo. why don't you look in the FAQ section of the forced induction section of the forum to help you decided on turbo size.

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=33854

i still would recommend a super 60 t3, it will spool later (around 4k depending on manifold) and be efficient at the psi you are looking to run. but do as you will, but please use the stickies to help you as this will require you to read exactly how a turbo works. and how it reacts to sizes in the turbine and compressor sections.

also some manditory reading (imo) if your turbo charging:
http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=70645

edit: btw, my t3/t04e 57 trim starts its spool at ~3k and has full spool (18 psi) at ~4.5k using a cast ebay manifold on a Y7....

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
if your only going to run 10 psi.. dont waste your money in building the motor..
get some good tires and a decent suspension setup instead
all you need is arp headstuds, oem hg, clutch, fuel pump, dsm 450's, tuning, and if you can spring it a lsd...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boost

what would be a reasonable amount of boost to run without putting to much wear and tear in the motor sorry about all the q's im new to all this stuff and want to boost the motor really bad i atleast want to run somewhere in the
12's sec range if its possible on a sohc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts