Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am replacing the Head Gasket on my 1990 Civic Hatch. It is the D15b1 as the title says and I was wondering what I could do to make this a more fun car to drive. I am going to get an Si tranny, but as far as which head to choose to swap onto the block or any advice or input at all would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1500-2500 limit.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the head that is stock on it is fine to use. search d15beast7. best mod for a b1 is mpfi swap and the beast7 combo it will be fun

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk man I don't think the b1 head is worth it. This car is extremely slow.
Are you talking about getting a b7 head on my b1 block?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
its the same head. im taliking about using a a6 cam in it with an mpfi swap with a z6 intake and a i/h/e, with a pm6 ecu if you plan on staying obd0

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh I see. I was told that the D15b1 was useless. Also it is very hard for me to find any after market parts for my car. What header and exhaust can I use that will be compatible with my motor? And yes I do plan on staying obd0. I'm not trying to break 14s. Just want a nicer more responsive car. I had an 08 Spec V and that was all I needed. What do you suppose I will run with this setup? If I am a decent driver.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
b1 in stock form is useless its only 70hp at the crank, but with the proper mods can be pretty responsive, as far as aftermarket parts the head is the same as an a6 so any of the a6 heads parts are direct fit, and the stock pistons are of a great design for a high comp n/a build. i just recently built a d15b2 wich is very close to the same as a b1, and my b2 is about 11.7:1 compression with arp rod bolts, arp head studs, a diy ported head, isky valve spring kit, i have 5 cam choices a6,zc,crane 12,delta 282, and an exospeed stg4 all of which i will be running and testing in this engine to see the differances these cams make. also have ported oil pump and fresh hone with new rings and bearings

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see. Well then that would mean I can get I/H/E for a d16a6 and it would be a direct fit for my car?
Thanks alot for the input.:)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Oh I see. Well then that would mean I can get I/H/E for a d16a6 and it would be a direct fit for my car?
Thanks alot for the input.:)
the header and exhaust will fit fine but maynoe be a direct install depending on what manifold you car has some b1's have a cat right on the manifols and some run a normal manifold with the cat ubder the car, if your cat is indeed under the car then it will be a direct bolt on but if its on the manifold in fron of the engine then you will need a stock cat off a dx lx ex or si or a test pipe. as far as a cold air one from a s1 will not work cause you have dpfi and not mpfi. the first mod i would do is an mpfi swap it will be night and day with just that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts