Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a turbo d16z6 with lightly built head. Any suggestions on the bottom end? Is it even worth it for light street/daily driver apps?

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
hell yes its worth the build! TT rods and vitara pistons are cheap and will be safe for 400+ whp
i totaly secound that motion!!

vitara pistons, rings, and wrist pins= About 140 shipped
TT rods= about 240 shipped
arp head studs=about 80 shipped
new bearings, new head gasket about 100 bucks or less

a built motor good for over 400 hp for less than a set of eagle rods= priceless!

RC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go with the vitara's and tuner toys rods. Use all oem honda gaskets and parts and get some arp head studs and she should hold about 400hp or so its been done before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i totaly secound that motion!!

vitara pistons, rings, and wrist pins= About 140 shipped
TT rods= about 240 shipped
arp head studs=about 80 shipped
new bearings, new head gasket about 100 bucks or less

a built motor good for over 400 hp for less than a set of eagle rods= priceless!

RC
where can i find those parts for that price? any prefered sites u guys go to?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i got my headstuds for $60 shipped from a guy on the site :TU: Too bad Tuner Toys doesn't have rods in right now... and i doubt you'll get bearings and a HG for less than a $100. My OEM HG was $63, and i'll lookin at about $200 for bearings from teh stealer-ship :TD:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I wouldnt waste the money @ a dealer for your gaskets.. I did all mine @ local parts store and they held great!! There HG is metal just like oem.. I would also recommend ACL' bearings over honda because there way cheaper and work perfect if your crank is stock or 10 under..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I wouldnt waste the money @ a dealer for your gaskets.. I did all mine @ local parts store and they held great!! There HG is metal just like oem.. I would also recommend ACL' bearings over honda because there way cheaper and work perfect if your crank is stock or 10 under..
Since i can use the block/crank numbers to find the right colors; i'm gonna get OEM main's... but what about rod bearings? Do ACL's usually fit aftermarket rods w/o a problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts