Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got a 98 Cx and its slow! I wanna build it but i am not sure what I want to do, one day I want a turbo, one day a Bseries and the next just a built D.

Right now I'm thinking of building my D and I was wondering what kind of power can you get out of them? What im thinking of doing is lighter flywheel (not super light but if stock is 16Lbs(i think?) maybe 10-12Lbs) short gears(Y8 Tranny or something better, suggestions?) Pm7 Pistons(saw some for cheap), have cat back so Intake and some headers? and Maybe, maybe Mini Me but my uncle is a mechanic and for somereason he has convinced me its a terrible idea i dont even remember why

What kind of Numbers do you think that would show without the Mini Me? Any other suggestions? this is a daily driver, i would like to keep driveability and run 87-89 octane (can i do this with the High comp. of Pm7 Pistons?)

Thanks guys(and girls)!

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Welcome to D-Series.

You will get different thoughts regarding the Mini-me. I thought about it, but stayed all y7 (Head n Block) but I already did the y8 Intake Manifold swap, Intake, Header and Ex Tranny. I don't have an Exhaust yet but that is my next move. I don't know how many Ponies I'm pulling yet but will find out after I get a Cam some time soon.

I say first do that y8 Intake Manifold Swap and get a Intake with it. Also get a Header and go from there or go with a Good Clutch.

Post Pics of your Ride.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Welcome to D-Series.

You will get different thoughts regarding the Mini-me. I thought about it, but stayed all y7 (Head n Block) but I already did the y8 Intake Manifold swap, Intake, Header and Ex Tranny. I don't have an Exhaust yet but that is my next move. I don't know how many Ponies I'm pulling yet but will find out after I get a Cam some time soon.

I say first do that y8 Intake Manifold Swap and get a Intake with it. Also get a Header and go from there or go with a Good Clutch.

Post Pics of your Ride.
CAM + Tuning, you'll release nice power here. Fuck the clutch, stock will handle that on street tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I'll get some pictures next time I wash it.

Yea I decided against the high compression pistons, with that high compression 13:1+ I would need really good fuel, i dont have that kind of cash.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
err, with the pm7's (the 29mm compression height ones) you should only be at 12.05:1
11.67:1 with pg6's. or are you saying you only have money for regular fuel. if that is the case the intake mani, intake header, exhaust is probably worth it

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
err, with the pm7's (the 29mm compression height ones) you should only be at 12.05:1
11.67:1 with pg6's. or are you saying you only have money for regular fuel. if that is the case the intake mani, intake header, exhaust is probably worth it
You forgot the tuning. with 12:1CR it's a must. under 11:1, you could run the stock map/ecu , it might work well dpending the dynamic compression, or it might make pre ignition or detonation which destroy the engine quiclky, mostly @ 12:1, room for error is smaller.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
i didn't forget i'm assuming most people these days should know to tune there engine after mods to get the most out of it and especially if going high compression, boost, or spray

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I was saying that I dont really want to have to always buy premium fuel, I like my 87 :).
my clutch is starting to go so I am saving up for a clutch and when i do that im getting my flywheel lightened and hopefully a Ex short gear tranny, should be a big difference

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
wow wtf number did you plug in? pg6s are just about 12:1 static comp. if you figure the stock head gasket actually smushes down to about .027ish and the pm7s are even higher at 12.41:1 static comp. you could maybe run a thicker headgasket to bring the pg6's down but i dunno...

get an aem full cold air intake, i loved the one i had, but having a hatch, you probably have to cut out the hole in the fender to run the y8 intake setup

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Yea I was saying that I dont really want to have to always buy premium fuel, I like my 87 :).
my clutch is starting to go so I am saving up for a clutch and when i do that im getting my flywheel lightened and hopefully a Ex short gear tranny, should be a big difference
If you think that tuning = filling with premium fuel, Don't open on your engine, you'll haven't reach this level, you have to learn before.

You can tune an engine on 87 octane with medium modification, it's better than running 91 untuned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts