Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zup fellows,

My name is Levy. I live in Brasil and I'm starting my D16Z6 project with SRP forged pistons, CROWER forged conecting rods, TOP LINE crankshaft, 450cc injectors, GT25 turbo, intercooler and other stuffs I don't remember right now...

I'll use alcool and I'm going about 1bar turbo (14,5 psi more or less). What can I expect from a setup like this? How many hps???

Any recommendation?!?!? lol

PS: sorry by my english!!!!

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Using Alcohol eh? E100 or something else? or did you mean methanol injection? The injectors I'd say would limit you, but to where...I'm not sure.

Got pics or a link to this "Top Line" crankshaft?

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah if you using methanol......that uses like 5 or 6 times as much fuel compared to gas to get the same thing....with those injectors around 300-320whp would be the limit on gasoline.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep... alcohol... from sugar cane... lol... I think you get alcohol from another vegetable (or like something)... lol....

I know using alcohol I'll need 2x more fuel... that is the question: 450cc injectors will work fine with 15psi??? how many hp can I get it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can I find a d16z6 turbo camshaft???

is it make real diference???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you send me the link for the camshaft?
do you know if seller ships to brasil?
thank you!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you can save a bit of money by not buying a crankshaft if yours is OK. Honda D-Series crankshafts are good for any sane HP.

-Des!
really mixelplix?
I'm thinking to buy a turbo camshaft or a lsd 1.5 way...

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
If you can find a seller to ship to Brazil, then Ebay should have a few ( I recommend the 53900)! And yes...if your factory crank is fine, definitely use it!

If my memory serves me well, your sugar cane ethanol is closely related to our corn-based ethanol...but your country has obviously be doing this for far far longer. What will be your tuning method of choice?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
can you send me the link for the camshaft?
do you know if seller ships to brasil?
thank you!!!

i know one.. if u have aim... instant message him on AOL

corrperformance is his screenname.. he has the cheapest prices !!!

OR EMAIL HIM @ [email protected]

he ships internationally... Tell him DirtyD sent you he will hook you up!

here his post on turbod16.com he is a sponsor there

Besides Edelbrock, we can get the following brands:
Apex'i, AEM, Volk, Works, Sparco, Momo, Turbo XS, B&M, Tanabe, Falken, Turbonetics, Greddy, APR, JIC, DEFI, Autometer, JUN, Neuspeed, DC Sports, Prothane, Energy Suspension, Koni, KYB, Tokico, NGK, K&N, Zex, Holley, Autopower, Aeromotive, Moroso, Hawk, Fidanza, Exedy, BBK, ARP, Borla, Project Mu, Carbonetics, ACT, Tenzo, Takata, Fuelab, DBA, Status, Buddy Club, A1 Technologies and many more.

For starters
Edelbrock The Performer X #4754
$315.00

ZEX/Comp cams
59100 - $237.50
59300 - $237.50

Tial 38mm WG -$212.45
HKS SSQ BOV - $172.00
Walbro 255lph - $85.00 (with install kit)
Greddy IC 2.5 pipes - $158.50
ARP studs - $82.50

PLX Devices
M250 - $241.50
M250G - $344.00
M300 - $293.75

Say guys since the tax season is upon us and many ppl are building engines and adding stuff with the returns coming in, we are offering good builder deals on brands like:
Manley, Eagle, ARP, A1 technologies, Fluidampr (pulleys), Wiseco, Supertech(Valves), many others. Hit me up if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I think you can save a bit of money by not buying a crankshaft if yours is OK. Honda D-Series crankshafts are good for any sane HP.

-Des!
X2

Don't know what you goal is but you can also save more money running the stock cam, I have seen many D's running good number with a complete stock head and cam.
Right guys?;)

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
59300 here, good look with your build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
first of all I have to say "thank you" for answering my noob questions...
I hope learn something from your experiences...

DirtyDseriesWOOT, thank you for the informations you wrote. I'll send an email for the seller asking about a few things.... lol
PS: WTF!!!! 11.43 - no lsd and stock suspension???? wow!!! plz come visit Brasil (and help me tune my car)!!! lol

ryan89crx, yes, Brasil with "s" is portuguese... lol

Rexinre, You are right! I'll try a bigger turbo later but for now I just want to get my car back to the streets...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts