·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I have a 92-95 Civic CX/VX
USDM Hydro S20 A000
3.250 1.761 1.066 0.853 0.702 3.153 3.250
but i swapped the engine with a d16z6 but that tranny just makes me want to sell the hatch. So a friend offered me a tranny and after opening it and counting it i got 4.058, thats the only one i counted

but here is the problem
mines is P20 A000 in the circle by the vss
but the one i bought says e5f p4a s40
and the circle by the vss says P4A/A000 AND THE vss from this one is different to mines. mines have the vss and have like a metal piece holding it with 2bolts< this one i bought have the vss with no bolts and just a screw next to it.

and here is the other problem. the one i bough( for 50$) is broken on the side that attaches to the engine and have another piece broken which i don't know the name in English.
What i want to do is take everything from the broken tranny and put inside mines, replacing the broken pieces with mines.
i want to know what you guys recommend me to do because i dont know. IF DOABLE AT ALL( an di hop eit is) what gears should i be using or swapping to get the best tranny i can out of these 2
ahaha
and sorry for my English i know its hard to read :(

i think the tranny i bought its actually a 96+ tranny and thats why it haves s40 on the sticker and why it haves a different vss but i don't know im new to this.
in case i cant put all the inside of the broken tranny on my pice of shit tranny , i can also buy the broken piece of case from another friend.

now im really confused, i manually counted
5th 0.702
3rd 1.172
2nd 1.782

i think is this one D16Y7 2000 Civic Coupe / Sedan
1st gear Ratio 3.25
2nd gear Ratio 1.782
3rd gear Ratio 1.172
4th gear Ratio 0.909
5th gear Ratio 0.702
Final Drive Ratio 4.058

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
That Y& tranny is fragged, I wouldn't use anything from it except maybe 5th gear.

Where did you get the info for the 92-95 CX tranny???? There is a slight typo, 4th is .852, I made that typo 10+ years ago to see how far widespread my info would be used.

Myself, I would search out a D16Z6 tranny, P20/B000 and keep your current CX tranny as a backup.

Swapping the gears is possible, but not easy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted a d16z6 but getting a tranny here would cost a fortune. non v tec for around 250 and vtec for arund 450
thats why i wanted to work on that one since it was just 50$

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
it'll still suck, just not as bad.

Where is here, your location????

Other newbs take heed, he did his research!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
puerto rico,
people sell engines and transmissions like they are made of diamond

actually I have 3.0 04 accord engine with a cl type s 6 speed tranny with lsd with hasport mounts and axles waiting for an ecu and tranny shift cables, but i was planning on buying a cheap hatch/car without engine to swap this one in and then work this hatch with the 3.0.
But i feel like i been taking a wrong decision after another :(

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
we have a few members on here and other "like" forums from PR.

eddcartes for one.

Shipping parts to PR is cheap thanks to USPS :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well how much will a d16z6 tranny cost +/- in the US?
i found one here for 350 but says 92-95 vtec, going to call later today or Monday
mines suck, i look like a 12 y/o learning to drive manual each time i have to accelerate from 0.
ty for helping me :)

i was expecting something like gtfo you noob with 1 post learn to google lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Shipping parts, not a whole tranny. It is $300+ to ship a tranny to PR as it is over USPS 70 pound limit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hello again
i just wanted to let you guys know i went ahead and this the chage, they looked a little different in the inside but i changed all the gears and everything came out nice and it works without any problems. Now i actually use 5th gear and can go up hills in 3rd hehe. although it said a000( long shity gears) they are actually pretty good. I got the gear ratios manually and they were these:

3.250 1.909 1.250 0.909 0.702 3.153 and 4.058

but for 50$ i cant ask for more ty for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts