Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has probably been covered in a thred I seen awhile back, but I cant find it anymore so I was just going to ask your opinions on building a gas mileage engine. First off I have several choises for blocks to use.. I have a complete D15b2 with 177,000 miles, I know of a D15z1 complete swap, and a D15b8. I also have a spare d16y8 head with no cam, so thats the only bad thing about useing that. I also have a SI MPFI intake manifold and a DPFI manifold from the D15b2. I am thinking the D15z1 is probably gonna be the best bet, but then again I was maybe thinking the D15b8. I also dont know what manifold to use with either engine I choose. would the b8 with DPFI even work or would it be to gutless? I would also be adding a ebay header or Si or ZC manifold with a 2.25" catback. I plan to rebuild wich ever I choose also, so maybe upping the compression would help too, but I want to stay on pump gas (preferably 87/89). I just want to know all of your opinions and the way you would do it to get best results.. also how many miles could I expect from a gas milage build? I am hoping for at least 50-55MPG but if I could get 60-65 I would be REALLY happy. also wich tranny? I have the choise of a DX or VX at the time being.. If you have any other idea's to help get more MPG please let me know! thanks!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
follow my D15B7 build up, I got 53 mpg and +40 hp......

BTW you'll want a 1.875-2" catback if going for MPG.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transzex said:
follow my D15B7 build up, I got 53 mpg and +40 hp......

BTW you'll want a 1.875-2" catback if going for MPG.
do you have a thred or anything with your build in it? what are you using for pistons etc?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just pulled my z1 out yesterday if your interested let me know, ill let you have it for cheap

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lowridincivic92 said:
just pulled my z1 out yesterday if your interested let me know, ill let you have it for cheap
well I personaly dont need it, I know a guy where I live who would let me have his for cheeeaap $75

btw, any other opinions or sugestions? thanks for the replies

also, transex I admire your D15baby8 but are you building that for gas mileage or for 1.5 liter powa?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
D15 goto OBD-1 and follow my mods.

Search is easy :)

3.89 tranny might need a .702 fifth instead of the stock .771. My 53 mpg cam using. 4.058 FD and .702 5th at 2800-3000 rpm in 5th gear.

Still getting 40+ mpg using 4.25 FD and .771 5th, 3500 rpm at about 70 mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts