Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FedEx arrived about 10 minutes ago and dropped off this:

Everything is coming together ... slowly. Unfortunately a couple of unexpected bills came up this month so I may have to wait a bit on some of the other parts.

Still on my list of things to acquire:
Downpipe
Injectors
BOV
Wastegate
Oil Lines
Clutch

Hopefully the initial stage of this build will be done by Christmas.

·
Registered
780 Posts
black fmic's ftmfw

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but black soaks up heat?..
That's what I thought ... but Greg said the black would have a minimal effect (if any) on the efficiency of the intercooler.

Nice.. What Bov are you going to get?
Tial as per Greg's suggestion. As soon as I have money, and a tial external wastegate.

sweet! i like the black intercooler so nobody would know ur boosting it :TU:
That's the idea, going for a clean, stock look.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
That's what I thought ... but Greg said the black would have a minimal effect (if any) on the efficiency of the intercooler.

Tial as per Greg's suggestion. As soon as I have money, and a tial external wastegate.

That's the idea, going for a clean, stock look.
well i guess your gona find out :D lol. it does look awesome black though.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
my IC is painted black. if you think about it the sun wouldnt do anything since you are driving 70mph with the wind blowin over it thus droping the heat soak you would get from the sun. also its kinda covered by the bumper as well.

painting my IC black was the best thing i ever did you dont see it at al unless i pop my hood and you see the goods.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I think the black turned out great (I'll more than likely do mine the same way) The coats on the core are extremely thin, you can't tell in the picture, but in direct light at side angles it's easier to see. There are several coats on the endtanks to help endure the scratches. (took alot longer to do than it may appear)

Tial BOV FTW!!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Sexiness. Me likey.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
man, i love the feeling when you get home and theres a nice big box of goods on your doorstep. makes my smile and say:haha:ya every time. ...what do yall think of having a white ic provided it matches the car good.... and doesnt look ricer if at all possible. im just thinking about different color ic besides the reg and black ones you always see.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yay ... more parts. Getting this installed on Thursday. I figure since I've never had a boosted car it would be better to get used to driving with this first. Instead of trying to get used to boost and a really grippy clutch at the same time.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Yay ... more parts. Getting this installed on Thursday. I figure since I've never had a boosted car it would be better to get used to driving with this first. Instead of trying to get used to boost and a really grippy clutch at the same time.

dont worry that clutch wont have a grip issue.......:haha:

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not worried about it having a grip issue. I'm just worried about being able to drive with it. I've never driven on anything other than a stock clutch ... and I'm sure there's some sort of learning curve.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts