Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so w kid #2 coming in the next 6 weeks I cant justify re ringing the d15 along with the head build, so instead of ruining it potentially by strapping almost 2 compression numbers to the used jdm bottom end im holding off on installation indefinitely and have to put money into the suv, an 89 trooper!

The new plan for the civic is to get my baselines come spring, install the moates gear, the wbo2, and chip the ecu, then I gotta pull the vc to replace spark plug seals so I'll paint up the vc and lay in a delta regrind, maybe get the rockers resurfaced and put on a better inlet manifold

I'm looking to trade one of my y8 manis for a z6 since I'll be staying w a tumble theory head for now, and on a stock bottom end im wondering if I should get the 260 cam since a little more mid range and power to 6500 is all im after, or if stock compression is ok for the 272 installed advanced a few degrees to build torque and limit the top end range. I'm also wondering if the manifold alone will give me the change in power delivery im after.

The 260 is supposed to be very slightly larger than an a6 cam and the beast7 was my initial inspiration, but im not expecting big results.

I'm not trying to make power or neccesarily even rev to over 7k so I have my doubts the 272 is the way to go.

If i can put 105-110 down tuned by a pro id be stoked for the major price compromise. Thats like stock ex numbers in a lighter car w less displacement depending on the dyno!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I personally think the 260 regrind is a waste of time . . . I think if you are going to mess with the cam at all then you might as well go up to 7000RPM as the stock a6 (or the SOHC ZC) work great on the street and under 6500rpm.

I think its a chunk of change for little to no gain but that may just be me.

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that little to no gain is in the 4500-6500 range im happy w 3-8 whp if that is complemented by the z6 intake for a few more hp. Its the equivalent of a low compression beast7 without having to do anything w the timing gear. The 260 regrind specs to ever slightly bigger than an a6 cam (or so I've read.)

I'm all about the power falling off before I redline, and strong midrange torque. If i cant spin freely past 7k I dont wanna make power there obviously hence why I'm a fan of the beast7 style for this motor

So maybe not worth it for a 1.6 liter but for a 1.5 liter it seems like a good street cam if ur not asking the moon of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts