Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i build my d15b or should i pick up a d16z6? ive been fighting with myself for the past week or so. i have a complete d15b that i tore down to rebuild, planning on boost, but i can pick up a d16z6 block, mains and a6 crank for free. all of my stuff from my d15b would fit, right. such as water pump, oil pump, and oil pan. the reason i wanted to build the d15 is to be a little bit more sleeperish. i plan to do a vitara setup, eagle or TT rods, and ARP headstuds. i am hoping for 350 with my turbonetics 60 trim and tuned by trackmasters in Huntsville with Crome Pro.

What do you guys think i should do?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
its up to you but if you can get that z6 for free, id say take it and just build that. just my $0.02

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what i was thinking. what would be the approximate torque differences between the two with the same setup?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmon guys i need some more help

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'm not sure the downside to more displacement. More HP, more TQ, quicker spool. Z6 has the good oil pump too. Its a simple advantage, I'm not sure why not?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the pump off of my d15b the same as the z6? because thats what i would be using.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i know you want a z6 jon. but you where out there the other day when that guy in the mustang said i could never build a 1.5 to beat matts gsx. thats the only reason i even thought about it.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Z6 nough said..............

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd snag the Z6 & build either one, and save the other as a backup. I doubt that there will be a significant difference either way, but I'm sure the Z6 will have a measurable amount more HP/Tq VS the D15.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
no replacement for displacement lol.. i know a whole .1 but i think the z6 would be stronger bigger mains then the 1.5

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so can some one tell me if all of the parts off of the d15b will fit the z6? i guess im just going to put new bearings and rings in the d15b and save it or maybe sell it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts