Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the build that im currently going for, my car is currently stock but i wa nted to make sure this build would be good and maybe get some suggestions before i actually buy everything.

Engine:
Skunk2 Cams
Skunk2 Cam Gears
Cold Air
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Exedy Lightened Flywheel
Hondata S200 w/ boost
DC Headers (until i get the turbo)
DC Exhaust
HKS FPR
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Headgasket

Turbo:
T3 Turbo
24 " X 12 " X 3" Intercooler
38 MM Wastegate

Suspension:
Skunk2 Strut Bars
Eibach Coil Overs
Eibach Sway Bars

Brakes:
Brembo Slotted and Drilled Rotors (Front and back)
Brembo calipers

Exterior:
Mugen Front Lip
CF Hood (already own)
JDM Fog Lights
JDM Fenders
Fat Fives (already own)
Carbon Fiber Trunk

Interior:
Sparco Racing Seats
Roll Cage

Am I forgetting anything?

here's my current stock setup, which I will be adding everything on:

D16Z6
Found in
1992-1995 Honda Civic (ex/si)
1993-1995 Honda Del Sol Si (only USDM)
Displacement : 1590 cm³
Bore and Stroke : 75 mm X 90 mm
Compression : 9.2:1
Power : 125 hp (93 kW) @ 5800 rpm & 106 ft·lbf @ 4500 rpm
Redline : 7200 rpm
Fuel Cut : 7411 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC VTEC
Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI
Head Code : P08
ECU Code : P28
*From Wikipedia

Also about how many HP do you guys think that would be putting out? I was reading up on the thread with everyones turbo setup and ive seen d16z6's with 200-250 WHP stock with turbo, so if you had all this what would do it?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Engine:
Skunk2 Cams - not needed
Skunk2 Cam Gears - not needed
Cold Air - on a turbo?
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Exedy Lightened Flywheel
Hondata S200 w/ boost - look into Crome or ECtune
DC Headers (until i get the turbo) - why waste money if you are just taking it off
DC Exhaust
HKS FPR - not needed
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Headgasket - go OEM, cheaper and work great

Turbo:
T3 Turbo
24 " X 12 " X 3" Intercooler - WAY TOO BIG for a t3
38 MM Wastegate

Also about how many HP do you guys think that would be putting out? I was reading up on the thread with everyones turbo setup and ive seen d16z6's with 200-250 WHP stock with turbo, so if you had all this what would do it?
sounds like you are focused too much on bling than actual performance. if you are staying stock block, the turbo alone will make more power than the block can handle. no sense in spending money on cams etc that really wont help you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the dc headers in there because they are only $100 from a friend, the cold air is a cheap addon until i get the turbo, ok as for internals then, what would i need to do to keep my block safe

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you are planning on running high boost (above say 8-10lbs) you should go with after market stronger rods and ARP rod bolts and maybe a block guard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
personally i wouldnt buy the dc headers its jst a waste of money that could be going into building your motor. I have a pair of ebay headers i got for ~30.00 shipped and honestly there fine especially if you intend to go turbo ur gonna need a new manni ne ways. over 7psi stock block i would not advise. Is your car a dd? Its all i the tune essentially but id def build it good luck with your build.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
personally i wouldnt buy the dc headers its jst a waste of money that could be going into building your motor. I have a pair of ebay headers i got for ~30.00 shipped and honestly there fine especially if you intend to go turbo ur gonna need a new manni ne ways. over 7psi stock block i would not advise. Is your car a dd? Its all i the tune essentially but id def build it good luck with your build.
The guy that is tuning my car ran 250hp for the longest time on a stock block and then switched to t3/t4 57trim running 15psi and it held up. Dont post shit that you dont know about it confuses people.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ryan:
I have a pair of ebay headers i got for ~30.00 shipped.
how did you miss this one? having an off day are you?

op: ryan has given you solid advice and you would not go wrong to follow it :TU:.

93ejx: nice thread jack bro :lol:. but that is up to you and your tuner. 8.5:1 for a basic average build with and ok tuner. 9:1 for a little faster turbo spool and still an ok tuner. 10:1 for very good spool time but must have a good tuner aka above average. 11+:1 would be fast when it came to spool time but you would need a great tuner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts