Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DOHC ZC (stock) with boltons right now.. I plan on building one and boosting it.. everybody tells me to just go b-series but i want to be differnt.

So if you were to build a ZC (fully) what internals/parts would you use? I want to be able to boost a good amount ;) haha.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
go with low compresion pistons 8:1 and you will use at least 8psi to 15psi geting great power!
No need to go that low with the compression if you tune your car well.

Low compression for a boosted engine is an easy way of keeping your engine from blowing up if you use a piggyback/FMU/etc. If you spend the money on a good tune, you can run 10:1 compression on a boosted engine. That way, you get good off-boost power and great topend.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
To justify 8:1 compression you better be useing a GT3582R and a .82 A/R turbine housing and running 30 PSI to need that low compression.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
what are your power goals?

and be realistic, everyone says they want 350-400, but maybe 1 in 100 actually do it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are your power goals?

and be realistic, everyone says they want 350-400, but maybe 1 in 100 actually do it...
I want to be able to get atleast 300 to the ground on a reasonable boost setting..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input.. ill still do some more research and stuff before i make up my mind..

but yeah.. thanks and any more input would be appriciated..

·
Registered
429 Posts
don't lower the C/R unless you plan on sleeving the block and running 30psi you'll end up with a car that has a lot of lag.... I built my zc with 10.19-10.70:1 C/R using endyne roller wave pistons and currently running 8psi with little to no lag at all.....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well I have endyne roller wave racing pistons 10:5-1 CR, scat rods, JG dual high lift springs with titianium seats and retainers, JG SS valves, stock cams, jg cam gears, HKS head gasket, srt-4 arp head studs, msd sci, accel super coil, msd plug wires, zex spark plugs, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, RC440cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, b18b throttle body with bored intake manifold, obd1 using crome pro and a moates ostrich for tuning and a 92-95 15g greddy kit running 8psi... No dyno chart yet at least not untill I get my new down pipe and ditch this greddy down pipe....
Some pics of my build

And a pic of it in the car

·
Registered
30 Posts
but if do low c/r you can do 240 horses at the wheels on 15psi with no block guard. check this website and you will no what I'm talking about. www.streetfire.net go to hondas videos and search for turbod is a red hatchi with 1.6 litter d16z6.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you look around here there's people doing 300+ with no block guard. 240HP is no problem at stock compression, just not with stock pistons or rods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts