Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i buffed and waxed my car and it looked great. got rid of a lot of the scratches and blemishes. but a week later, it rained for a couple days... and now the car is back to normal. what the hell happened? did i buy the wrong car polish?

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah seriously. when i get home, i'll post it. i should've went with Mothers.

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah. everything looked real nice.. even the front bumper that i thought i was gonna have to re-paint.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
When you get water on the paint (after waxing) its not going to have the same shine as it did right after the wax... The paint should still feel really smooth, and water should still bead on it, but its not gonna shine quite as much until you wax it again...

I work at a detail shop, and when customers come back for a wash their paint isn't gonna shine quite as good right after a wash as it did right after a wax job (and obviously we use VERY good wax, polish, etc at the shop). I use cheap turtle wax on my car at home, and I see the same effect on my car using cheaper wax on my car as we do at the shop using expensive wax on bimmers, mercedes, etc...

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah.. it's still smooth. it's just, all the scratches are back... which is what pisses me off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The scratches are coming back because the wax you are using is just filling them in not actually removing them, you need to try some T-cut or something similar to remove them... but that should only remove surface scratches anything deeper try getting a slight touch up job (not jacko style):mikej:

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
me and my buddy are gonna practice painting this winter... and if it goes good, the sol is going gray!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts