Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont bash on me that much haha

im currently starting my d series build..blocks getting built with the fjt/vitara setup and alittle head work (KMS valvetrain package/w/o block guard) and i was wondering what turbo would be best..talkin budget here..planning on getting 300whp to 350whp..i was lookin at 2 dif turbos on ebay..the t3/t4 or the gt28rs (ebay turbos)..witch would be best for the price?..less lag..quicker spool..things like that i would like to kno as well.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Motor: Umm this was my first turbo D series that I built maybe that will help you out...
-y8 intake manifold
-450cc injectors
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-B&M fuel pressure regulator
-y8 fuel rail
-turbonetics t3/t4 60 trim BB turbo
-Tial 38 mil extended wastegate
-Iron cast exhaust manifold
-Greddy Front mount intercooler
-Greddy type S blow off valve
-Greddy charge pipe
-Flexilite fan
-Performance radiator
-2.5 inch exhaust with JDM Tanabe axle back
-T1R voltage stabilizer
-exedy stage 1 clutch
-wiseco forged pistons+ rods

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
if you are going to buy a budget turbo, at least get it from here and install it right away and try it.. so buy it last. I think it brings a 60 day warranty or something. These turbo seem to get a good reviews, I have one and came rebuilt and properly machined. I had it checked when I got it, but it did start eaking alot but after I pumped 100 psi of oil through it like a dumbass. Added a restrictor to it but havent tried it to see if its still ok

Here is the site
CXRacing
stuff is shipped fast and well packed, I bought a few things from there

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think ima get mine from there plus with the 60 day warranty if you have any issues your set

From their site (not bashing on them , I was just curious):

By purchasing Cxracing products, you agree to the following terms and policy.
- Product Warranties
CXRacing Offers Limited Warranty on products, unless specified, no Warranty is expressed.
90 days Anti-leak Warranty on Intercoolers, Radiators, Professional installation proof is required for such Warranty.
Turbo Charger, Wastegate, BOV, Manifold, Donwpipe, Catback Exhaust don’t have Warranty.
Turbo kits do not have Warranty.

-Jay

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
Most of the turbos on cx are rebuilt oem turbos. All I am saying if that if your are looking for turbos on ebay due to cost, cx its probably the best option. If I didnt have to spend so much to finish my car to make it track ready I will buy a precision but cant afford it

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Most of the turbos on cx are rebuilt oem turbos. All I am saying if that if your are looking for turbos on ebay due to cost, cx its probably the best option. If I didnt have to spend so much to finish my car to make it track ready I will buy a precision but cant afford it
i do not agree. most are new turbos made in china.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
didnt we have a post about this before? And come out to say that with ebay turbos the seal materials is a little cheap which is why they leak under high oil psi. Also the shaft sometimes aren't balance which means at high boost levels they spin to fast causing them to walk and eat them-self.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea thats where i came across the gt28rs for a good deal..same site..i just dont kno about the hole internal wastegate..still debating tho for when it comes time to get it..gt28rs or t3/t4

·
Registered
10 Posts
and whats the numbers for that setup cannonball?
I think I was at something like 237 at 9 or 10 psi...Was a pretty conservative build...That was one of 3 cars that I have had morris from midnight auto tune...They do some really kick ass tunes...It was my DD at the time so I didnt want to throw a rod or blow a gasket anytime soon...probably could have gone much higher...

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Motor: Umm this was my first turbo D series that I built maybe that will help you out...
-y8 intake manifold
-450cc injectors
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-B&M fuel pressure regulator
-y8 fuel rail
-turbonetics t3/t4 60 trim BB turbo
-Tial 38 mil extended wastegate
-Iron cast exhaust manifold
-Greddy Front mount intercooler
-Greddy type S blow off valve
-Greddy charge pipe
-Flexilite fan
-Performance radiator
-2.5 inch exhaust with JDM Tanabe axle back
-T1R voltage stabilizer
-exedy stage 1 clutch
-wiseco forged pistons+ rods
So what does your whole build have to do with his question about what turbo to use anyways?

I think I was at something like 237 at 9 or 10 psi...Was a pretty conservative build...That was one of 3 cars that I have had morris from midnight auto tune...They do some really kick ass tunes...It was my DD at the time so I didnt want to throw a rod or blow a gasket anytime soon...probably could have gone much higher...
All that for 237HP? What a waste! Reliability shouldn't be a problem with a proper tune.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts