Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just relized my head gasket blown in my 1990 Crx si. I have about 400 dollars to spend on fixing it. My question is what can I do to gain some horsepower and most of all torque, while I have the head off. I already have a ebay intake, ebay header, and 2.25 in exhaust with vibrant muffler. I need this done in a weekend so no major engine build. I was thinkin a thinner headgasket, maybe shave the head and port the intake manifold. Please help this my daily driver.

·
D-series Janitor
1,220 Posts
sounds like you already know what to do.

I would mill the head .030-.040" and just run a standard HG. You need the deck on the block to be very clean to run a cometic (which is what the y8 HG is) and isn't worth the cost/potential leakage over just milling the head another .010" and using the graphite gasket.

I wouldn't worry with the intake . . . its better to have the intake port on the head larger than the intake port on the manifold and the real gains are from cutting it and cleaning up the plenum.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
shave it an gain a lil CR. but either or. that lil bit of CR isnt gonna do much. im sure you will be staying with a stock ECU? therefore, no gains at all. same fuel same timing. you want extra power? mill it like he said, and take it somwhere with a chipped ECU and get her DYNO tuned. you can gain some whp on a IHE engine with just a race tune, VS honda gas milage tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for all the imput. Where could i get my ecu chipped, cause I know phearable won't do it. can I just it to someone or can someone recommend somebody.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts