Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to write a serious review on the all naughty, loud as f***, yet awesome exhaust we've all come to love/ hate.

In car: 4 years
Emissions passed: 4 years, 3x
Slip joint springs replaced: 5
Cats destroyed: 2 (has nothing to do with this, just sayin)
Buddy Club resonator: burned out after 2 years (heat from 110 octane)
Extra resonators installed to limit rasp: 1

So there's a rundown of what you're looking at if you run this exhaust, daily driving, bumpy roads, smooth roads, in traffic, at the track.

It's loud, but at higher revs past 6500rpm it's quite a note. I love this exhaust, but the real reason I'm writing this, is that Buddy Club hasn't built a Spoon or Fujitsubo competitor, not in the least. It's super light, which is awesome, but the hanger welds haven't held up, nor has the resonator, which was surprising.

I'm in the middle of swapping the axle back section of the BC Spec II out for a Vibrant Streetpower 2.5" stealth exhaust so I can run at the track. That's another thing, if you're in the States, good luck getting this passed through tech inspection. It won't. Rated at 113db, it's louder then jets taking off by the local airport in PDX.

In conclusion, I love this exhaust for it's lightweight greatness, the shape, design is good, but the lacking engineering and auxiliary parts that makes the whole system work, are mediocre at best.

I give it 5 out of 10 for construction, 7.5 out of 10 for sound (only past 6500rpms).

**and before anyone asks, yes this was a legitimate/genuine Buddy Club part purchased from a legitimate dealer.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
According to Bisi you installed the part wrong.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I made a funny!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
Hmmm,i love mine, sounds good at all RPMs lol. Welds for the hangers are very good.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL ... Ya know I was able to 201mph with it on there though. Just BARELY beat out Bisi by half a length!!

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I had one for a short period of time. Was just too damn loud lol.

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
There is all kinds of win in this thread lol. On a side note, I have seen and heard people using cherry bombs and fiber glass packed resonators to greatly reduce the db level of this exhaust. If anyone is interested I can source pics and get a sound clip from my buddy granted his shit doesn't blow up in the coming weeks. If there are typos I apologize using a cell phone so IDGAF

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^
the fiberglass in the glasspacks slowly burns out. it happens so slow that most dont know their exhaust is getting louder over time.

Stainless packing like vibrant uses is better for longevity.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had one for a short period of time. Was just too damn loud lol.

Or ... alternatively:

Something like this, yes. Lol

^^
the fiberglass in the glasspacks slowly burns out. it happens so slow that most dont know their exhaust is getting louder over time.

Stainless packing like vibrant uses is better for longevity.
Yup. Ironically I didn't drive the car for a week, and got back into it and knew right away... something was a bit off. Way louder. Inside the BC resonator I saw nothing by a hollow shell with packing burned away. Installed a secondary resonator from vibrant, but it's still crazy loud, ha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts