Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 1996 honda civic hatchback cx, i just recently just bought spec d headers, spec d catalytic converter and buddy club spec 2 exhaust. Its sounds amazing, its really loud with out the silencer, with it it has a deep sounds to it. The car doesn't sound like a loud rust bucket. If your looking for a great setup go with this one.:lickmahpussy:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I tend to buy my exhaust for a performance purpose and whatever sound it makes is what it makes.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
omg is teh fartness!

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
My old exhaust - No farting here

EDIT: a metal tube is a metal tube no matter what name is on the box.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I had a BC spec II on the CRX for a few days...lol

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
EDIT: a metal tube is a metal tube no matter what name is on the box.

Very, very wrong. Tubing, maybe, but mufflers are black voodoo magic and doing them well takes a lot of experience and smarts. For example, the best sounding exhaust, ever, for nearly any Civic-based vehicle, IMO, are the Thermal R&D units. I am looking forward to hearing mine again soon on my CRX. Sure, they used Magnaflow components, but the black voodoo magic is what makes them sooooooo amazingly good.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Ahh, I didnt say anything about mufflers. My point was all these expensive exhausts on the market. Most of them are crap. piping kits are rather cheap. a 2.5" tube is just what it is.

I use magnaflow and they used to be good. Now they are starting to rust as they are using cheaper metals mixed in. You used to be able to put a magnet to it w/o any attraction. Now the magnet sticks on them. No Bueno.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts