Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, so I just did a head gasket replacement kit on all my gaskets, new radiator, new dizzy, new hoses, new plugs/wires,and got my head cleaned and shaved. And before head gasket replacement I was doing 0-60 on my d15b7 auto civc lx in 9sec. After I got it running again it felt so smooth. I got everything working right and was sounding at it's best so I floored it after 2 days of driving but it only did 0-60 in 15sec......huge difference. When I floor it doesn't take off like it used to. So when I floored it it made a lower pitch sound that was like a bubbling nosie and I was like what is that, so I looked under the hood and looked around my intake and nothing there(thinking of coolant/water). Before head gasket job I had a coolant leak and I believe I found it from the heater hose but wondering if anyone knows what could cause a bubbling nosie close to this or similar loss of power. Would love to find out asap. thanks. if you need more info on problem just ask ill explain my best. :\

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A friend said sounds like intake but he's not a pro.

New:
Radiator
Timing belt
Dizzy
Water Pump
Gasket Set
AEM intake filter/ebay piping
Hermonic balancer - used

I need some help. Huge loss of power at 0-20 and my idle used to be higher whats the idle it should be at mine is at 300-500rpm idle. Once I get moving it sounds better just after i stop and give it some gas it has a bubbling/farting nosie from engine. PLEASE HELP GUYS!

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
idle should be around 700 to 800rpm at idle i think, if its popping maybe the timing belt slipped a tooth. just throwing something out there. just make sure to check everyone of your connections, make sure nothing is disconnected

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Did you push any coolant into the overflow? The sluggishness sounds like your cam timing is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts